38 12
Thread
Printable Version

Burn Notice Season 5-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I think he always thought well on his feet, reason he was such a good spy.  Good episode, am glad it is back, hope he starts helping others again.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Only difference he mentioned and noticed that he was used to improvising equipment, while the CIA had access to all the top of the line equipment, but all through the previous seasons, he constantly mentioned that a good spy needed to know all that, as they( good spies)  needed to be able to use common equipment  in different ways
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Madeline did a great job, she is really becoming a member of the team.

Reply 17#17 arksongbird80's post

She's got too have something, she was all over him when he was trying to find out who burned him, trying to get him to drop it, now there is this

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Heck, lifetime yogurt is probably Michael's favorite pay yet as much as he eats

Reply 21#21 bala's post

Well if she does, he will have to go back to buying his own  

Reply 23#23 bala's post

What does age have to do with it?  She was ruthless though.  I think it has to do with him having been burned.  Some information must have came to Max.

Reply 25#25 bala's post

She is a career criminal, and the age thing, most soldiers in military are between the age of 18-26, the Israel Defense Force requires all woman 18-24 unless they have a viable reason, to join. something like 34% of the force are woman.   In fact studies have shown that woman in almost any field, especially, a male dominated field, are more skilled, more determined, and better than most men.  Woman can be just as viscous and dangerous as men.  Most killers, men and woman are between the age of 20-30.

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

No he mentioned his wife earlier

Reply 30#30 bala's post

She's playing him, she has the feeling he did it and trying to get him to slip up.  The video is dangerous.

Reply 39#39 bala's post

It is an ok season, but don't like that they are concentrated on Michael doing all these jobs with the CIA, would like him to go back and help the little guy.  The CIA thing is becoming a little too much, it's always saving the world kind of stuff.

Reply 41#41 bala's post

No it doesn't, at least for me.  This whole save the world thing is boring, there are too many shows out there that have that attitude.  It worked for many successful shows, and people like it.  Think it is one of the reasons people like Burn Notice, they like seeing the little guy get their revenge.  Instead we have Michael working on CIA missions, that have no emotion involved.

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 7-29-2011 10:30  
Oh I gave up on House years ago.  The same for one tree hill and smallville.  I came back to them later though...
I watched 6 seasons of house in a two month period, and then lost all interest in it, every episode is pretty much the exact same.  Never watched One Tree Hill, those type of shows I have no interest in.  And if you saw my Smallville comments, you know I only watched them to get to the end, and was so glad when it finished.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

He technically still is burnt, no-one has unburned him yet.  That is why he is only an asset for the CIA.   And he has just saved the world in the newest episode, super weapon stolen by Serbians.  If he does keep running missions for the CIA, that is what it is going to be about, just like Covert Affairs.

Reply 47#47 bala's post

Every episode has had a CIA mission in it but 1 so far, each one has been more and more serious.  I don't mind him looking for the agent's killer, cause that has something to do with him, and yes he has helped people in every episode but this one. I am worried that they will be just focusing more on CIA stuff and lose a the heart and soul of the show.  

Sorry Bala, we all have our likes and dislikes, I am not a big fan of  cop shows (includes FBI, CIA, ect) unless they have a twist (Bones, Castle, Chuck I like)   CSI, Covert Affairs, 24, all those I find very predictable, with little originality involved and in many ways are interchangeable with each other.  I also because of time, have to choose my shows, as it is I am way behind on many series, and when a series gets too bowing or tedious to watch (House, the Mentalist) then I drop them.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I get you, my man    I do think we get to see Michael in every episode do his spy work,  and we always had the 2 storyline, helping the people out and trying to figure out who burned him.  Now we got 3 storylines in a episode if he helps out someone, The CIA mission, the help out the lil' guy mission, and who killed the Agent (trying to frame Michael) mission, and with all that, something is going to get hurt.

Reply 57#57 bala's post

I liked this episode.  This is the Burn Notice that I like, he helped the mother and at the same time helped the father.  He then also worked on his own case with the mistaken identity.

Reply 59#59 bala's post

It was interesting the way that they took over the whole island security

Reply 61#61 bala's post

Yea it was, but Jesse did the real work by commanding the men

Reply 66#66 bala's post

Decent episode, liked the whole illusion glass thing and Michael and his other personas, he does a crazy guy good!

38 12
Thread