92 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Flash Vs Realplayer

Reply 80#80 woothdye's post

if you going mess with registry at least copy it in file as back up so if there is a problem you can recovery it. ps: do you a file shredder on your computer? i know it recommended getting rid personal stuff ?

Reply 81#81 bala's post

No I don't have a shredder, sorry.
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Realplayer downloads not working...

I can't download episodes anymore after the FLASH UPGRADE. I hit the download button for REAL when it comes up, but it never downloads, just sits there dumb. I am using REALPLAYER v.14 I believe and have tried with I.Explorer, FIREFOX and the browser doesn't seem to mater. It is as if the flash upgrdae you all did effected me being able to download. You can check my history in past few weeks, I have wasted dozens of points over and over trying to do this (how can I get a refund, btw?!). This is very disappointing, I have been a loyal customer for years. How can i start downloading again to Realplayer??? ps- i checked all your cheatsheets i could find, none relevant to this. I can WATCH the shows, but can't download anymore...bummer

Reply 83#83 Wissers73's post

The site was never designed for download and in some countries it's illegal so using that reaplayer feature you did at your own risk

Reply 83#83 Wissers73's post

Codebreaker is correct. This site does not condone, and has never condoned downloading shows to your computer. I think most of the shows have that option disabled by the upload team. It is illegal, and if you do so, you do it at your own risk.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Just so you all know: since the pop-up window has been introduced (or was it the bandwidth issues? they happened contemporaneously), I haven't been having any major problems, just some buffering every once in a while. So, thanks! For whatever you did to improve the issues! =)

pop up window option is awesome! and with skyfire app i can watch episodes in my mobile... great job lbjedward!!!

I also have watched few of the episodes and that both are amazing to watch.

Can't hear the flash shows

I keep trying to watch them - especially now that torchwood is uploaded on the flash side first - but does anyone else have a problem with the volume on the flash shows - My computer volume is at maximum - the flash volume is maximum and I still have to put head phones on and squash them to my ears to block out even my own breathing to hear 1/3 of what is being said - the rest I get later when I rewatch the program in real player - (the volume there needs to be almost turned off or it is too loud) - is this a problem with the flash and will they be fixing it before they remove real player all together?

Reply 89#89 imagnu's post

Just to let you know I don't think this is a problem with the site as I run flash all the time and the volume runs the same as in realplayer for me with my volume nearly completely off. I looked into your issue and here are somethings you can do 1. Download CCleaner Never hurts to clean up your cookies and registry every so often. 2. Check your flash settings. here is a link to the adobe help site. http://www.macromedia.com/suppor ... er/help/help02.html
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 89#89 imagnu's post

Hi, have you tried to use Flash in a different browser? If you are using IE or Firefox, you may want to try Google Chrome, many member find that Flash works best in Chrome. I did read that a registry cleaner might help with your sound problem, but I would try to solve the issue by other means, before using a registry cleaner (unless you are familiar with the registry). You can go to Flash Player Troubleshooting, or the adobe link provided in the post above this one. If you are using a Mac OS X, do not use a registry cleaner, it is for Windows OS only. If you do use cCleaner make sure you use the back up option before deleting, just in case you cause more problems. Here is a link to a cCleaner Tutorial, if you need it. Please let us know if you are able to solve your sound issue, and how you accomplished it. Good luck!

Volume

Thanks for all the tips - it is good to know it is not a general problem and one I can probably fix. I will let you know which fix works when I try them - right now am too busy to spend much time on it - but I will probably try viewing in chrome as I already have it on my computer as well as safari - I have only been using firefox up until now - and never ie. Thanks again

92 12345
Thread