Thread
Printable Version

Flash Vs Realplayer

I am so disappointed with flash player. I have all the requirements and gone through the tips given but it still keeps buffering, sometimes freezes and sometimes get stream not found. I had no problems with real player so an option for either flash or real player would help a lot of members.

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Hi Again, Good and bad news. I have done as you suggested and yes eventually they forward load BUT I can only watch smoothly in the tiny window, when I watch full screen it plays like stop motion animation...horrible. Still at least now I can watch something thanks entirely to you. I hope the administrators are working on some of the problems with Flash and not just installing Flash and walking away. Thank you again for your help as I wasn't relishing the thought of leaving a site I'd been with for so many years.

Reply 42#42 janeprince2's post

The administration has never just walked away from this site. LBJEDWARD has always been available to members and as a long-time member, I'm a little surprised you would think that would happen now.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 43#43 waterlilybarb's post

I didn't just become skeptical all of the sudden, there is a clear attitude coming across from the replies, and it seems to be "Flash is what the site is going with - end of discussion" & I know I'm not the only one to pick up on that 'vibe'. On a happier note, thank you to all involved with the creation of the pop out window.

Reply 42#42 janeprince2's post

Hello, The problem of video played well in small window but stop motion in full-size screen: Streaming quality is the same both in window or full-screen mode. The cause is low performance of computers. We have similar experience in 3D gaming. A game is played smoothly in window mode but it could take seconds to go smoothly when we switch the mode to full screen with HDD LED flashing.
We keep improving services for you.

Hi, Long time member, first time poster. This flash update has a few floors an currently I cannot watch a show. Its stuck in a loop (on two different pc's) where we go to log in, it takes us back to the main page, we then go through to our show it ask's us to log in again, which redirects us to the main page. This is extremely frustrating. When you click the login button it SHOULD NOT redirect you back to the main page. Also constantly getting stream not found and extremely slow browsing. As a long time pay per 30 day users this basically means we are currently paying for nothing. Very annoying, Hope there is a fix soon! [ Last edited by arteest at 5-6-2011 01:42 ]

RP vs Flash

I go for Flash. with the Pop-Up option update it's awesome. I will just wait for more options that admin will add in the future... Right now I am happy with it. Smooth streaming using google chrome

my connection speed...

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-4-2011 10:49 I use Chrome as well and i pause the next one while i watch the other and this is my currant speed
Here my one [url=][/url]

Reply 46#46 arteest's post

maybe I didn't understand your post correctly, but have you tried logging in on the vip homepage? When I log in there, there is no loop, only when I click on the episode directly before logging in and the "please log in" window appears.

Reply 46#46 arteest's post

oops, spoke too soon, now I know what you mean, because the same thing just happened to me... When you click on an episode and it tells you to log in, instead of logging in, close the window. Go directly to the vip homepage and log in there and then click on the episode you want to watch. At least this just worked for me

Reply 49#49 bala's post

There is not much difference in the speed but probably is in the price

Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

I have had same speed for almost a year but that still haven't affected my viewing on flash site every episode loads within 20 minutes but note 2 months ago they remove my limit so it came just in time before site moved to flash

Reply 53#53 bala's post

Same here and i even sometimes load a second episode which still don't affect my viewing

Reply 54#54 codebreaker's post

The most important thing is stable connection it does seem like members who are having problem with the site should contact their ISP provider and ask if they could look at improve the connection.

Same connection ive had for a while. Speed to me seems ok but its difficult to get a show to work with my login issue! btw: three PC's with the same issue, All i7 machines with dx11 graphics card, OS's r clean and flash is up to date, tried firefox, ie,chrome. Cheers [ Last edited by arteest at 5-7-2011 02:18 ]

Reply 51#51 Mnemosyne's post

This is what I have been doing too but I've also let lbjedward know it's happening. It should bring you back to the point you were after you login so that's a flaw at the moment.

Reply 45#45 lbjedward's post

For lbj: I thought it would be handy to post these links as not all problem are ISP related. It might be helpful to post these links in the troubleshooting tips so you don't get blamed for peoples crappy and outdated computers. Flash Desktop system requirements Minimum hardware requirements for SD and HD video playback For Everyone Else: Just because you have the system requirements to run flash doesn't mean you have them for video playback When looking at minimum requirements you also have to keep in mind that it may run with them but chances are it will run a lot better with more than that. Basically if you have anything older than a duel core processor chances are you are going to run into problems. A cheap video card($50-$80) is always going to be better over on-board(motherboard) graphics and will last for around 2-4 years. The higher your resolution the more processing power you will need. My mothers computer that has a Pentium 4 and no graphics card always has problems with graphics playback and I expect it to, its over 8 years old and needs to be put on the junk pile and will be very soon. Trying to run SD and HD video on an old system is like expecting your grandmother to run a marathon. I pay $80 a month to my ISP just to get it this mediocre so I thought I would post a speed test for you all. [ Last edited by woothdye at 5-7-2011 12:19 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 thanks for your helpful post. 5-6-2011 20:21

Reply 45#45 lbjedward's post

Hi Lbjedward My speed doesn't seem to be the issue (37.87M/bs download,1.13 upload and 34 ping) nor the memory - ample free. PC is Pentium 4 - 2.8 GHz Not sure about the video card - the spec for Video Graphics is Ultra AGP II integrated VGA (equal to AGP 8X for 2D/3/d apps) **Please don't ask me what all that means - I have no clue.** I had no probs with playback in RP and only have an issue with Flash in larger window. Do I need to buy or upgrade something?? It doesn't seem so but I'm no PC tech. Thanks for your time, Jane PS - how the heck did you guys copy and past that speed test...soooo cool, can't figure it out....lol

Quote:
how the heck did you guys copy and past that speed test...soooo cool, can't figure it out
After you run the speed test it ask you whether you want share it? copy and past the link to the speed test in 'share this result' button once the link copy you post a comment with the link [ Last edited by bala at 5-7-2011 10:20 ]

Thread