Thread
Printable Version

Flash Vs Realplayer

Whomever made the decision to go to flash for playing videos needs to be fired. Now. You've just lost another customer. I'm sorry I'd already bought points. Not being able to pop out the video to its own window,and being able to resize at will makes this a big LOSE. /me is off to find another site.
-Az
http://www.asbrand.com

Reply 19#19 shinny's post

Nope, still not working, and I've tried at different times of the day and tried to let it load on pause, etc.

Reply 22#22 studiojek's post

Have you tried a different browser, for me Chrome is better and i also load the next episode while i watch one

Agree with complaints on screensize

I like to surf or play solitaire while watching my shows, now I can't unless with a tiny, tiny window. Flash sucks. Doubt I will by more points, ever.

Just to let you all know lbjedward is researching a pop out screen version but if it can be done it will take some time. We appreciate your patience.

Reply 22#22 studiojek's post

That's strange and your Flash Player version is up to date etc? I'm sure you've probably tried all the suggestions in that thread. I'm having no problems with Firefox but Craig reckons Google Chrome is better. Maybe give that a try.

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

Oops, just saw your reply Jim!

Reply 25#25 shinny's post

I came across this site after reading some of the complaints http://www.macromediahelp.com/flash/pop_up_windows_in_flash/

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Thanks Jim. I'll pass it onto lbjedward. I think the problem is having to write that code into all the files. I've no idea how easy/hard it is but lbjedward indicated it would be time consuming.

Reply 29#29 shinny's post

I miss the pop up window but i cant believe how many member are having flash problems considering my computer is almost 5 years old with no internal upgrade and a broadband speed of about 2MB

Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

The problem is there are so many components and it's so hard to know which combination are causing the problem. So it's a real trial and error thing. I understand everyone's frustration, I'd be pee'd off too, but in the long run this change over makes more sense.

I personally LOVE the new way! With real player, SOOOO many times it wouldn't load, or was forever buffering and never actually loaded so I had to keep refreshing or would stall mid episode, etc etc. Not one of these problems with the flash!

Real player was faster.

I only have a 256k connection, so I'm used to buffering. This 1meg connection requirement is really gumming up the works. It is 'slower', but I assume it cause the files are bigger now. plus it doesn't help that my wifi router is g rated. Guess I gotta shell out more bucks for the upgrades...whoopie!

Flash

Is Flash supposed to be able to forward load on pause like Real Player could or doesn't it do that either...does anyone know? I ask because playback pauses every 2 seconds I am on Chrome and my download speed is 27.66Mbps which should be ample but apparently not for Flash.! jane

Reply 34#34 janeprince2's post

I use Chrome as well and i pause the next one while i watch the other and this is my currant speed

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

I don't know what has changed from yesterday but today I cannot watch anything. I keep getting "stream not found"

Reply 33#33 fmkenney's post

I couldn't have said it better myself: these are my same exact problems! And I totally would fork out the money for a better connection if it were possible, but living in a small town, "real" internet hasn't even gotten here yet...agh! Thanks for your help everyone, we'll see if a possible pop-up window in the future might change things.

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

So you're saying - yes Flash will forward load....I've left it on pause and it didn't seem to forward load at all. Will try again but this time leave it for longer and let you know. Thank you jane

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

The code is simple but it looks like the pop-up window would be fixed Height/Width and with a scroll bar not quite what people are looking for. The code for an expandable window would be much more intricate.

I think they are working on all the kinks, Sometimes I have the same problems you have and others it is smooth like butter. Also I get the stream not found refresh and what do you know the stream works. Google chrome seems to work best for me. I also had similar problems with Real player so it doesn't really matter to me.

Thread