92 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Flash Vs Realplayer

Flash Vs Realplayer

I have to say I really hate the Flash Player, I've been a member for a long time and to be honest I think you guys have ruined the site. Why can't we still watch with realplayer aswell, I never had problems, I've a 7mb connection and Flash takes forever, I hate flash, it sucks. Please go back to real or at least give the option of playing in real. Devastated User Glenn

i agree mite work better soon keeps cashing and freezing very frustrating

Specs: Win 7 Pro, using Chrome, 6MB RAM RealPlayer: Behaves. At peak times some occasional buffering moments, as would be expected. Other than that, it works well. Flash: Attempted to watch an episode of Smallville at a time of night which is usually empty. So far (just over 90 seconds in) the player has had to buffer no less than six times. Conclusion: Maybe the flash player will get better as users leave the site in frustration, leaving more bandwidth for those with more patience. As is often said, what is not broken DOES NOT need fixing.

I have watched three episodes of different shows and not had a single problem, on the contrary I found that the picture quality was far better and they loaded a lot faster! Very Happy With the upgrade!!

Flash sux

Really annoyed Flash has taken away MY right to choose the screen size I want. Now its either tiny with rubbish all around OR enormous full screen with poor definition. After so many years with VIP I might be forced to join another site if this size issue cannot be fixed. Will be VERY sad to leave PS: Well I cant watch my shows anyway, the visual is unbelivably choppy, so bad that its unwatchable. Just great, thks a bunch VIP Never heard of DONT FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN

I love the new flash format. Apart from the small mix up I had with Alias chapters being show as NCIS LA chapters because I refreshed the page from before the swap I haven't had a problem. The quality is way better and I have yet to encounter any skipping like I did with Real. Nice to see you guys evolving from the primordial soup that was realplayer

I am really enjoying the new flash but what about the times that it crashes? Before I had the option to copy/paste the link and watch on Realplayer but now I don't see that option. So far I like it though, hopefully it won't freeze up or have any issues.

Reply 7#7 brokengirl01's post

you just simple click same link again for the episode and jump to where you left off after press play.

Flash :(

Flash is giving me hassle too! It is very choppy and I can no longer swap over and back between the TV show (in full screen) and my internet explorer window. Annoying. I would love the realplayer option back.

Reply 9#9 dfdaly1701's post

Try the suggestions in this thread => Flash Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread With regards to your last point, can you elaborate? I'm not completely sure what you mean.

Quote:
Originally posted by dfdaly1701 at 5-1-2011 13:49 Flash is giving me hassle too! It is very choppy and I can no longer swap over and back between the TV show (in full screen) and my internet explorer window. Annoying. I would love the realplayer opti ...
If you want the full screen window and a web browser at the same time, open up two instances of your browser (IE) That should work
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

I hate that the only options are small or full-screen. I usually do other things and watch my TV shows in the background... I really regret that I bought so many VIP now because I'm going to have to start looking for a new site... what a waste.

Reply 12#12 aimee321's post

Why can't you open another tab and do what you need to do ?

I can but I used to make one tab smaller and I'd be able to watch my show in the background... that doesn't really work with the small screen and the option is not available in full-screen mode. And if I wanted to watch videos that size i know of a number of free websites...

Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree: it's now taken me a full 51 minutes to get through 9 minutes of an episode, and it's really frustrating. And, with my computer, the quality isn't really all that different than it was with Real Player. I'm disappointed and, if things continue without improving, I'm going to have to watch shows on another site =(

Reply 15#15 studiojek's post

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Yeah, I did. I think my connection's just slow, but it worked (after many months of playing around with the settings) with Real Player. I'm disappointed. But tired, too, so I'm just going to close up and hope tomorrow'll work better! Thanks bala!

Reply 17#17 studiojek's post

Ok so your problem is slow speed you need at least 1-2MB download speed to get good results.

Reply 17#17 studiojek's post

Let us know how you get on tomorrow

real player 1- flash -o
always repect peoples opinions

92 12345
Thread