Thread
Printable Version

Updated on May 16th: VIP.tv-video.net reopened

just tried to watch smallvile 8mins 33 seconds and it was completely buffered
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 101#101 babysexylexy's post

it seems to me that there some connection problem between your router and the server basically it loses the connection hence why it buffered all the way. As soon press play it load slow red progress bar slow increasing as you get to the end.

i never had any problems with real player so surely thats not the reason because i would have encountered the same problems

Reply 103#103 babysexylexy's post

Are you on wireless ?

no land line thing not wireless i guess im just frustrated becuase i paid for 2000 points if i wanted flash i would have gone to tvfull.com i prefer realplayer i hate flash i never had a problem watching any show from start to finish on real player i thought it was good we had a choice between flash and real player i guess not

Reply 105#105 babysexylexy's post

You can't please everybody some people will like flash and some people won't . This decision because members kept complaining about real player and plus now site can used i-pad users as well because flash based system.

can they make another site with real player

Reply 107#107 babysexylexy's post

Do you have another browser you can use like internet explorer or goggle chrome? that's advantage with flash it work on all internet browsers

Reply 81#81 codebreaker's post

You can do this with realplayer. Works fine and buffers whole episode faster.

Reply 83#83 bala's post

Perhaps you should have asked those of us not complaining whether we want to change. If you only notice the comments from dissatisfied people you are ignoring the main segment of subscribers.

Reply 110#110 frogfox's post

I am member just like you, the decision made was by administrator of the site not me

Does anyone know...

Does anyone know... The size of the file for each episode on realplayer was approx. 80mgb - 120mgb. What is the size of the files for flash? Must be much much greater?

Reply 109#109 frogfox's post

I didn't think you could open more than one episode with realplayer

Reply 112#112 gdi3's post

200mb for 40 minute episode 95-98 mb for 20 minutes episode

Reply 112#112 gdi3's post

I think double that or about 260 mb for a 45 min show PS it's in mp4 format [ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-30-2011 13:30 ]

Smallville EU server File not found. This is only the 1st day since the change. Alot of people had problems with realplayer and over the years we have had an enormous amount of requests to switch to flash. Just post here any problems you have including if you feel to many mb are used. But everyone please stay positive, this site has always cared about our members and will continue to. So again please give them time to work out all the bugs.

Reply 111#111 bala's post

Apologies. Many of the answers on here sound like administrators or at least the people responsible for the decision. Would any administrators be kind enough to answer?

Reply 113#113 codebreaker's post

Yes, you could. Academic now but the episode you were watching had to be paused while the next one started. You could then pause the new one and go back to the first one and watch it while the other buffered. The conflict only came if you tried to play two episodes simultaneously which is possible with flash though why that would be useful is beyond me. cheers

Reply 117#117 frogfox's post

You might have to be a bit patient for an admin but you best bet is one of the moderators. comment posted above you is posted one super mods

Reply 119#119 bala's post

If the moderators aren't the people responsible for the decision it seems unfair that they get all the questions about the lack of consultation. It seems to me that the admin people should answer that themselves. Also, while I understand that realplayer had many problems that were resolved over time and this is only D1 of flash, many of the issues mentioned here are not bugs but functionality design issues. Again, it seems that admin would be best to answer whether they will find a way to restore the advantages of realplayer through alternative functionality or reinstating a realplayer option. If not, then I fear that a lot of the previously happy people will find they no longer enjoy this service.

Thread