Thread
Printable Version

Updated on May 16th: VIP.tv-video.net reopened

Big Problem

Hello The upgrade is fine for picture quality and the big screen function is good too. However it is very very slow to download - keeps stopping while loading. This never happened when using realplayer. Even when i hit the pause button, to allow some time to download, it doesn't download. So I can only watch the episode while it keeps stopping and starting. Was I supposed to download flash player?? Or a plug in? I have cable so download speed should not be a problem from my end. Please help

Reply 58#58 bala's post

I am watching Smallville at the moment and I don't see a Logo?

Reply 62#62 casper27's post

Perhaps the logo is only on the free shows

I am watching Supernatural on the VIP site and it has the logo

Reply 61#61 gdi3's post

Hi gdi3 sorry to hear your having problems. You can check what version of Flash player you have and whether you need an upgrade by going here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/. Hopefully a quick upgrade will sort the problem out for you. @codebreaker I've just stopped the video and restarted it after looking at some of the other shows and logo is there now. It may be that Lbj is working on the issue, I know he is going to follow this thread closley for any issues.

you cant download shows any more?? not to happy about that if its the case

Reply 66#66 banlron's post

The downloading of shows is illegal and the site never supported this extra function.

Thanks Craig

Thanks Craig. I have checked and have the latest version: 10,2,159,1 . The episode downloads but it just keeps buffering all the time. This tells me that the downloading is very very very slow. Never had this problem before. I don't know what else to do

sorry

Sorry, maybe I am using the wrong terminology. By downloading I mean hitting the play button, that's all.

Reply 64#64 frogfox's post

The logo has disappeared

Reply 69#69 gdi3's post

What your broadband speed ?

Reply 69#69 gdi3's post

According to Lbjedward who is the Administrator the videos are in MP4 format stream at approximately 1,000 Kbps, so we recommend a downstream bandwidth of at least 1M bps or higher for smooth streaming. Do youtube videos and alike play ok?

Reply 71#71 bala's post

Bala, just tested and got these results: Your line speed is 6.25 Mbps (6255 kbps). Your download speed is 782 KB/s (0.76 MB/s). I am on cable

Reply 70#70 bala's post

Fixing the logo problem was quick

Additional functionality problem

Another disadvantage to Flash is the inability to use an equaliser to give greater control of the volume. Admin - any fixes for this please?

Reply 72#72 casper27's post

Craig I have no problems with youtube or any other .

Reply 76#76 gdi3's post

Just a suggestion have you tried another web browser for me chrome streams better than firefox and IE

Quote:
Originally posted by gdi3 at 4-30-2011 11:12 Bala, just tested and got these results: Your line speed is 6.25 Mbps (6255 kbps). Your download speed is 782 KB/s (0.76 MB/s). I am on cable
i see your download speed has more than 1MB so it will slow you wait at least 5 minutes than press play

Reply 77#77 codebreaker's post

Thanks, Jim I will try that.

Reply 78#78 bala's post

Bala Just for this one episode I have waited 20 minutes and it has not progressed much at all

Thread