Thread
Printable Version

Updated on May 16th: VIP.tv-video.net reopened

It took a little longer than expected but it's back on line and i think i will try the free videos fist before getting back to the regular shows

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Please report back your findings

Missing shows

I'm assuming the missing shows will come back later

the only thing that needs changing is where it says Software: it has to be changed to Flash

It's looking good and the full screen works great but the flowplayer logo is distracting Replied by lbjedward: Thank you! This is a bug Please use viptv.net righ now, and we will fix it soon later.
Recent Ratings
  • lbjedward Points +20 Thanks! 4-30-2011 01:58

Greetings from a Man in the Army

Is there anyway you can keep both a realplayer link and switch to the flash player link? I liked realplayer as it enabled me while I was deployed to catch up on the tv shows back in the states. I would like it if you were to keep using realplayer in addition to flash.

Reply 46#46 salted21's post

No it has been dumped no going back

Reply 42#42 bala's post

Your the expert, so how many shows have we lost I've only spotted two and the one we have seen but i will be disappointing if City Homicide don't come back

Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

It hard to spot as most of the shows are on there it will take time to spot

Flash upgrade

Just tried out the Flash Upgrade on one of the free shows. Great improvement, I like it In Real Player the video sometimes jumped so I missed some of the dialogue. This runs much smoother. Much appreciate your work Love this site. Just one wish: will Game Of Thrones be available on this site? Please ...

Reply 49#49 bala's post

I will also miss the pop up screen which made multi tasking easier

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-30-2011 09:10 the flowplayer logo is distracting
That is the only downside .

Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

Yeah the additional tab it launch every time you click an episode is something i can get used to it's doesn't prevent multi-tasking you just need work around it. Now the episodes are eating up a lot of internet usage .

Reply 53#53 bala's post

Yes being double the file size might be a problem if you are on a limited package

Reply 50#50 tjuhej88's post

You should make your suggestion here but follow the notes in post #1

Reply 55#55 codebreaker's post

Have you look at website for the player http://flowplayer.org/index.html UPDATE: JUST FOUND OUT Flowplayer is released in two versions:
  • Open source (free) version (released under the GPL license). Inthis version, the Flowplayer branding (logo) is always visible on theplayer, you can’t remove the logo.
  • Commercial version. In this version you can remove the Flowplayer logo and place your own logo on the video.
[ Last edited by bala at 4-30-2011 10:23 ]

Well Vip Flash is running great. I have noticed the picture quality seems even better. I usually have my computer hooked up to my 42" tv so the quality of the videos really shows.

Reply 57#57 casper27's post

It's great but logo on left bottom screen is distracting

Consultation and errors

So, did I miss the bit where the administrators asked the users what they wanted or was this just imposed? As a long time user and high volume point buyer I find that quite annoying. The first I knew that this was being done was not being able to get into the site during the upgrade this morning. Perhaps those who spend a lot of time on the forum were told but from this thread it appears the announcement was given only a few days ago. I am a MAC user. I've tried the flash and it runs OK on the very fast internet link I am currently on. However, so did Real player and with some advantages - I agree with some of the issues I have seen listed in this thread and I have one to add : 1. Multi tasking really does not work any where near as well as it is not possible to have a smaller screen playing only the video (unless I haven't found it in which case, please tell me how) 2. Size of file is a huge problem - one of the reasons I use this site is to continue to watch shows when abroad. Many non-European / US countries have much more constrained and expensive internet packages - doubling the size of the file has effectively doubled the cost of watching these shows. When 1GB is costing about GBP20 this is a very significant and potentially prohibitive increase 3. Flash appears to have fewer picture controls than real player - the one that I have found most necessary is the brightness control - the default levels are too low for many ambient light environments and without the ability to change this it may be impossible to use the site in many situations All in all, this "upgrade" could have been handled a lot better with respect to whether users wanted it and what functionality trade-offs should be made. Given it is clearly a fait accompli please could the administrators of this site address the above issues? Does anyone else have similar concerns?

Thread