Thread
Printable Version

Updated on May 16th: VIP.tv-video.net reopened

Reply 340#340 shinny's post

The realplayer site has now got the flash link just waiting for the flash site

Reply 341#341 codebreaker's post

Hi, yeh lbjedward pm'd me to say he was putting it on. We will leave vip.tv-video.net as the main site with a link to flash on viptv.net. Viptv.net will remain unchanged with links. FYI. So our main site is vip.tv-video.net.

Thank you for doing this! Your attention to customer wishes is one of the things that makes this site so great!

Reply 343#343 ekater1's post

The Admins always appreciate everyones input. The forum is a great place to hang out aswell, hopefully some of the members who came here because of the changes will stay have a look around the forum boards.

What Craig said (lol) as it's all very true!

I'm sorry, but I just noticed that there is no link to the RP site on the Flash site. My whole point was that when I was using Flash, I had no idea that the RP site existed, even though I very much wanted to return to the previous format. I only discovered it by accident. People on the flash site still have no clue. Can you please put a link up on that site? Making the RP site the "main" page is inconsequential if everyone has bookmarked the flash site and go to it automatically.

Reply 346#346 ekater1's post

The point of that is that the intention is to phase out the RP site eventually. It was put back up because admin felt they hadn't given enough notice. There has always been a link to the forum, where any member can come and read the newest information. Whether they choose to or not is their choice, but that is how most sites work.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Quote:
Originally posted by shinny at 5-11-2011 08:02 What Bala has stated is not accurate. lbjedward will make a determination based on the usage of Realplayer over this period. If it significantly drops then it will not be maintained, but if there is a ...
I'm confused, then. I was working off of the above statement--that lbj will choose the more popular site at the end of a trial period. Is this not true, then?

Reply 348#348 ekater1's post

If the RP site has high enough traffic, LBJ has said they wil maintain it, but if the traffic drops off, they won't. Apparently more people have joined since the switch to flash, so from a business standpoint, flash is a big success on the site. There will be advance notice if and when RP will no longer be available. I think they are going to give it until the new year (though that is not set in concrete) and see what happens.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Fair enough. Then I'm glad we can stick with VIP for at least a little while longer.

Quote:
Originally posted by spratt89 at 30-4-2011 09:08 the only thing that needs changing is where it says Software: it has to be changed to Flash
I thought this would of been changed by now and the announcements for realplayer help to flash help

Thread