29 12
Thread
Printable Version

King Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

King Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

King Premiered on Showcase on April 17, 2011

As a Homicide Detective, Jessica King (Amy Price-Francis) sees things that everyone else misses: in crime scenes, in evidence, in the motivations and drives of the suspects. A fearless and imaginative lateral thinker, her unique eye for detail turns cases around. And she has a rare quality: Jess doesn’t need to be liked. That quality gets her into trouble.

Almost two years ago, the former Chief of Police sent Jess to the call centre - the Police Service equivalent of Siberia - for an act of gross insubordination. She went public about corruption on the Force. Some of her colleagues haven’t forgotten, let alone forgiven her. After the shuffle, Jess struggled to accept that the “career” part of things had run its course. She started thinking about something that she’d avoided for a long time. Family. A new life.

So, Jess dove into a third marriage with fellow officer and Guns and Gangs team member Detective Daniel Sless (Gabriel Hogan). Danny adores Jess. But their rigorous efforts to get pregnant haven’t panned out so far. And that’s putting a strain on things.

When Detective Sergeant Derek Spears (Alan Van Sprang) has a public, televised meltdown, Jessica King is called in to lead the Major Crimes Task Force (M.C.T.F.) – a police squad that is parachuted in to take over cases in crisis. Murder, rape, robbery, gang violence, serial and predatory crime – everything’s fair game.

The unit takes over cases already in progress and in crisis. A cop or the courts screw up, or another squad drops the ball and Jess and her team have to work fast, take big risks and probably piss some people off to get it back on track. Like Jess, the M.C.T.F. doesn’t have many boundaries.

Spears is less than gracious about the fact that King is now in charge of what was ‘his’ unit. He was a good cop once, very good, and he will be again. But, it’ll take Jessica King to help him get his mojo back. There's chemistry between them and Jess will be tempted - Spears is a lot like the guys she swore off years ago. Besides, she's determined to make her marriage with Danny work. Colleagues may resent her but King’s fierce intelligence, passion for her job, disarming honesty and wicked sense of humour overrides their doubts. King is a lateral, imaginative thinker whose rare eye for detail gives her a critical edge. And, she’s tough. King has survived eight years in Homicide, two marriages and multiple stab wounds. Off duty, King is a wife, a lover and a friend, who struggles with issues of infertility, intimacy and trust – and like most women, she can’t pass up a good shoe sale.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About King Here

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

[ Last edited by bala at 4-18-2011 20:18 ]

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I wouldn't know where to look but i should have the first episode in half an hour

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well i found the promos

1x01 Lori Gilbert

Jess using her warrant card to buy shoes i thought was amusing and then asking her partner to pull the fire alarm but the phone call did the trick but the wife will have some explaining now they have Lori back that the guy who took their daughter was the biological father

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Jess really was force to reckon with i mean at start she answering phones but you can see why she got into trouble and this does remind me of the closer from some reason. I loved the kiss at the end that was funny.

T-bone

Another good episode i liking King even more she really has a way with men, getting T-bone to help her was interesting especially after he find out his wife doesn't love him but i liked how Kings made it look like she needed him to be his hero she really played her character quite well.

The police fight at start was amusing.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

The police fighting at the start was great and the gynecologist doing the examination in front of the window looked bad but her partner clearing the table after she finds out shes ovulating was priceless

1x03 Amanda Jacobs

Trying to get a DNA sample from the guy with the dog without him knowing was amusing and him admitting he was the serial rapist but not Amanda's was surprising but getting everyone responsible for Amanda's rape was impressive

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was rather amusing that trying to get DNA from the guy but at least she got them but MK hating her was interesting but telling her how she really feel i like king response but the ending i love how when she's at work she so strong but when she at home she completely different person. The trying pregnant is most interesting part because we don't know if she can.

Episode 4

This case was personally but i am not surprised the daughter felt guilty it certainly teach her to be grateful to her mum. King trying look after teenager was rather amusing but dropping the injection in toilet when her collgue was on the other side was rather amusing.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

It didn't look like the daughter felt that guilty, she was more concerned about texting her friends than her mother and grandmother

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I don't think that's true. I think she used texting as a shield. By staying busy she didn't had to worry about her mom dying

Episode 5

Seamore really was piece of work and King really had tough case to catch him but i liked how she managed turn his scared wife against by making him confess he hate his wife and hope they rot in hell

Reply 14#14 bala's post

1x05 Farah Elliot
Seymour was too arrogant but his face when he saw the shoe was priceless

Ahmad Khan

Finding out he was gay was an interesting surprise and finding the killer who was just jealous of him.

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Jessica laughing at building a better bunny after the murder of Ahmad was bad timing but amusing and the victims sister wanting to take the body according to their beliefs was interesting and she had a point when his throat was cut but they are in Canada and must follow the law

Episode 7

Well look like Danny and Jess might be over we knew he had a few secrets but what a way for it all blow up on him and he really needs to clear the air otherwise they are doomed. Jess going to other guy house was interesting

Reply 18#18 bala's post

I think that it's understandable that Jess wanted to know, but she also needs to learn to understand someone else's point of view. It was kind of obvious that there marriage was going to fail because they stopped listening to eachother. But I'll bet she's pregnant and he comes back and maybe it will even be a discussion who's child it is
Or maybe I have just watched to many shows and I'm to pessimistic to think otherwise...

Reply 19#19 kellemanske's post

Well who knows but they is something dodgy about him he has way too many secrets and this episode showed he's keeping more secrets Jess is going to find out eventually.

29 12
Thread