26 12
Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Anyone know when VIP will get it, I WANT my Dr. Who
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

The Impossible Astronaut

Good season opener, enjoyed it, I really missed the Doctor and found Matt is doing an excellant job, he is the Doctor, it fits him real well.  Love when he takes over the Oval office.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 5-5-2011 22:36 ]
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Day of the Moon

Well her child is a Time Lord?  Interesting

Reply 22#22 bala's post

I liked it, and really liked the "pirate" pond  

Reply 25#25 arksongbird80's post

I too agree it is her baby, and I think that she is in some way caught between two timelines, one where she is pregnant and one where sh is not.

Reply 27#27 bala's post

I found it to be perfectly understandable and I found it really sweet and it was at times really funny.  And it wasn't really misleading and was kind of true.

Reply 30#30 bala's post

Yea it was pretty obvious after touching it

Reply 33#33 waterlilybarb's post

Agree with the to be continued... well knew there was something wrong with Amy, but that kinda blew my mind.

All Hail, bowties, Bow Ties Are Cool

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Think it was the silence myself, but you could be right about last season

Reply 45#45 arksongbird80's post

Well had a long post, lost wifi right when I was posting a couldn't get it back... Episode was cool, I liked it alot, knew melody was River as soon as name was shown.  Liked seeing all the old enemies fighting for the DR.....  have to wait till september

Reply 47#47 waterlilybarb's post

Welcome to the ranks      I have been a fan of Dr Who since I was a kid, watching it on PBS.  Think it is great that the new series has revitalize the following.  The older series isn't very slick in special effects and costumes, but I find it very enjoyable.

Reply 57#57 waterlilybarb's post

Interesting, River Song was Pond's best friend her whole life.  A fixed point can't be changed, with him dying now, does not change that he is going to die in 2011.  So this is the last Doctor, if they say that he can't be regenerated.

And Arksongbird, you should know that the DR doesn't change history unless it has been changed already.  For him to go back and change River would change everything and he doesn't do that.

Reply 61#61 arksongbird80's post

The Doctor went to look for the baby, reason he was gone and they were driving around in a field.  He couldn't find her, because she was growing up with Pond and Rory, it had only been a short time I think, then when the Doctor returned that. The first thing Pond says to the Doctor when she sees him is, "Did you find her" and that is when Mel (unknown child of Pond and Rory) hijacked the Tardis and made the Doctor take it to Hitler.  

So though I don't Care for this companion so much, She is looking for her child (or the Doctor is, I think he won't let her) and she has to go along with him as it his Tardis, and he pretty much said that they know how she grows up and who she is, and now we saw that She was there for Mel her whole life, so they are friends.  And you have to take into account the Blinovitch limitation Effect.

The Doctor has twice before has tried to mess with Fixed Points (once in the show, once in a story.) So we will see

Reply 64#64 arksongbird80's post

This is how Dr Who pretty much has always been, more alien of the week type things.  We had quite a bit of those till the last season.  In fact, we have been pretty short on aliens and stuff.  I liked this episode

[ Last edited by sanggye at 9-4-2011 20:48 ]

Reply 66#66 arksongbird80's post

Her child is grown up, is an adult, there is no baby.  She grew up with the child

Reply 72#72 arksongbird80's post

It seems that she was dropped off on earth at the same age as Amy, in the same area, we saw her as a little girl.

Reply 74#74 bala's post

Well the older Amy could kick some robot butt

Reply 79#79 waterlilybarb's post

That was weird.  Well we know that is not the end of Amy story

Reply 82#82 waterlilybarb's post

Yea I forgot that there are only 2 more episodes.  Though wouldn't she be in the last one, she was there when the Doctor was killed.  About time next season for a new companion.

Reply 84#84 waterlilybarb's post

Well it seems she appears in the Christmas special, which not having BBC means I won't see it most likely.  And she has been signed on for next season, but no one knows in what capacity (a few episodes or more)  We will just have to see.  And hopefully we will end the Silence story-line also

26 12
Thread