Thread
Printable Version

The Borgias Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Entire Series Overview

Season 1 was kinda boring but, I suffered through it because what choice did I have

Season 2  was excellent...enjoyed every minute. Oddly enough, the ratings began to slip in season 2, which is wierd because the show finally came together in that season

Season 3 was good but not as great as season 2.

The show had a great cast especially Jeremy Irons (loved that man) and François Arnaud which made the series work. It would have been nice if Neil Jordan got 4 seasons like he wanted and could've wrapped the show up with the Pope's death. Maybe, he would've dared to go a few steps further to show that after everything Giuliano della Rovere still became Pope 26 days after Alexander VI's death, and how the family lost all its power and privilege since the glue that created it was now dead.

Although, The Tudors with was good, The Borgias was a much better show with just using the actors capabilities as my only defense. But, I saw where and how Showtime could label the show as being expensive.....it was indeed. However, after watching the last few minutes of season 3 finale it left me wanting more. Another network should have picked up this series for the last hooray or maybe, Neil will find funding somewhere to make his 2 hour movie.

Thread