Thread
Printable Version

South Riding (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

South Riding (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The lives and loves of a 1930s Yorkshire town explored in a passionate tale of politics in small places, written by Andrew Davies, starring David Morrissey and Anna Maxwell Martin.
BBC One

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

bbc i player has a signed version only  

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Whats a signed version, i don't understand

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Sorry signed version meaning where a person on right hand screen sign the words as the episode is airing

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc. ... ts/south_riding_ep1

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I understand now, that is a bit distracting but i was luck to have it recorded

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

So far this isn't appealing to me i'm 25 minutes into this and it's not keeping my interest.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Your ahead of me, i do like some of these period drama's but it's too soon to tell at the moment

Reply 6#6 bala's post

The old guy preaching in church is a bit of a hypocrite after seeing him on the beach with the telescope and then it the entry

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

I am well ahead of you wait till you hear the girl poem about a fox it was rather sweet slowly warming to this episode but what her mother trying to do was sad.

So the ending really makes you wonder who is Miriam and why is he hiding her   .

Just when i thought he was warming up to Sarah since they both lost someone

Reply 9#9 bala's post

It's a shame the girls had to witness the horse being shot but the girls father was out of order for having a go at the teacher

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah it is but his daughter trying defend her went on deaf ears

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Councillor Huggins being blackmailed will teach him a lesson

Episode 2

That was sad what happened to Lydia's mother and the way the girls provoked the teacher was cruel but running up the stairs for his so called night of passion didn't go to plan

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Yeah it really make you thankful, it's a shame  how people in this country take education for granted espically high school kids who bunk off school.  .

Episode 3

Lydia's dad flirting on the bus was amusing but it looks like he is only doing it so she could take up her scholarship but what happened to Robert after seeing Sarah for the first time since the hotel was a tragedy

Thread