36 12
Thread
Printable Version

Silk (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Silk (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

A six-part series about life at the Bar, the dilemmas and problems that modern day barristers have to face, and what it means to become a silk.
BBC One

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

I was planning on watching this but for some reason it didn't appeal to me

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Just started the first episode and i thought it might be similar to Raising the Bar but we will see

Episode 1

Wow how crazy a pregnant woman swallowing twelve condoms of cocaine and Getting 14 years because she hadn't read her briefs but what a sad story that she was happy to be safe in prison and her associate asking her age and then asking how long she had been 35 was funny but then he steals a wig which was ridiculous

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

This is a show I want to watch but as yet havent.  I will try and watch episode 1 before episode 2 comes on then perhaps I can add something more to this thread.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

I thought this wasn't bad - may turn out to be quite good.

It does not portray a very good picture of life at the criminal bar.  She was handed a trial brief the night before and had to go to court with hardly any sleep.  Not the best way to represent someone who is at risk of going to jail for a long time.

The solicitor character was stupid.  It was obvious what she was doing and he was meant to be in a high position in his firm which means he is smart and been around a while.

I am almost finished with my studies and will qualify as an English Barrister in a few months.  I am lucky I want to go into corporate law and not criminal law - I may actually get some life when compared with her.

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:32 ]

1x02 Episode 2

Another interesting episode with Martha represent a man accused of raping his ex-girlfriend but at the eleventh hour she suspects he is guilty and puts him on the stand hopping he will drop himself in it with no luck

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:34 ]

1x03 Episode 3

Martha's assistant Nick seems to be a compulsive thief after the wig and now almost stealing two books if it wasn't for his phone ringing but i think Nick was lucky wining the case to save the life of the dog, the cop in Martha's case stepped over the line with entrapment which got Mark Draper off

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:36 ]

1x04 Episode 4

Mark Draper the teenager that Martha defended  last week has been arrested for murder which was interesting but using the tape with the racist comments on from the chief was risky when she was defending Rachna Ali an Asian policewoman accused of racism but the result was good

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:37 ]

1x05 Episode 5

Good episode with Martha working on a high-profile prosecution case about a school teacher who has been accused of the attempted murder but getting upset about the defence attorney not putting up a fight she works both sides which was interesting

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:38 ]

1x06 Episode 6

Good season finale with Mark Draper who is accused of murdering a high court judge but was protecting his pregnant girlfriend who saved his life when the judge attacked him and tragic that Martha lost her baby when attacked in court

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:40 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:47 ]

2x01 Episode 1

Clive's slip of the tongue has to be the worst attempted pick up line but at leased she laughed about it and eventually said no and what result when Martha was defending Brendan Kay but getting him off with a not guilty verdict also got him killed by the mob family he was working for

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:48 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:50 ]

2x02 Episode 2

Who would of thought that while Martha was representing Captain Ed Ryan during a Court Martial that everyone was lying so it make you wonder why they wanted her in the first place but finding out what really happened was interesting

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:51 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2014 23:52 ]

2x03 Episode 3

Another couple of interesting cases with Clive prosecuting three male students who have been accused of sexually assaulting a young waitress and so glad he found the missing evidence because they thought they were above the law and Martha who was defending Ricky who had wrecked his local shop and attacked the owner.

2x04 Episode 4

How tragic that the driver of the high security prison van was held responsible for following company guidelines when a prisoner was found dead

36 12
Thread