Thread
Printable Version

The Good Wife Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Great to see Alan Cumming joining this. He is a brilliant actor, he plays the smarmy, annoying characters really well (think Circle of Friends!!) - You can't hear his Scottish accent at all, he has the American accent down to a tee!

So we know that Alicia does know that Will has a thing for her and they had a little lingering moment in this episode, interesting.

I loved the flirting between Diane and Kurt McVeigh/"Marlboro Man"(Gary Cole, I used to love him in Midnight Caller!!) - hopefully he stays in it for a while.

Yeh, can't wait to see who they get as the new partner. Great episode.

Heart

Well well, Alicia and Will finally kissed and we all knew it was coming. I felt sorry for Peter, a little, in this episode because he was just a substitute for Will.

I hope they bring Patti more into this show because I love her character!!

Reply 48#48 bala's post

I agree, it was so uncertain as to which way it would go she had to take the deal. If only you had some sort of inclination of how it was going!!

At the start I didn't really like this episode but as it went on I quite enjoyed it.

But, could she have appealed? I mean, say she had not taken the deal would an appeal have been on the cards had she got a guilty verdict? I'm not sure about US law, so that's why I ask.

I'd like to think I'd say "I'm innocent so no deal" but, if you were in that position after all that happened, I think you'd probably take the deal too (unless the appeal option was there)

Great episode. I felt sorry for Kalinda in this episode. When she slept with Peter it was easier not to feel guilty because his wife was a nameless entity. But you always have consequences for your actions and they always catch up with you. It's a catch 22 situation because if she had told Alisha up front, they probably would never have become friends. I think they'll work it out. They have a good friendship now and it's worth keeping.

It was a nice cameo by Comedian Sarah Silverman too. That's why the end bit was even funnier!

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

It was a good episode. I actually know the guy who played the Irish "Solicitor" (lolz) in this episode (Simon Delaney) . Funny that he said he was from Kerry because if he really was from Kerry (he's from Dublin) you wouldn't have understood him! The Kerry accent is so strong, even I struggle to understand it.

And of couse, Eddie Izzard is legendary in the UK and Ireland!! Good idea to do a cross over.

I think Kalinda and Alicia are on the road to recovery friendship-wise. I think it will take a bit more but.....the embers are there.

Well well well so Wendy Scott Carr still has her eye on the big prize. I think it was a bit naive of Peter to hire her in the first place. I wonder will Will spill the beans and if he does, is Peter going to believe him??

For all that Diane said to Alicia about helping other women, she made a big mistake is her assumption that Will ended things with Alicia!  I wonder what she'll think when she learns it was the other way around ??

And we don't know how many other boxes were set up......so did Peter win fair or not!??

Dramatics, Your Honor

Wow, I am in total shock

Reply 37#37 bala's post

I'm still in shock!

This was definitely a filler episode. I know that with so many episodes a season they have to have some fillers to make it work but it was quite boring. I'm sad to say I'm losing interest in the story. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It looked like Alicia was getting closer with Finn and now all of a sudden Jonathan's in contention? She has 0 chemistry with Jonathan. She had with Finn. As for the guy playing Will, that was pretty awful.

I really want this show to be great again but I think it's jumped the shark, unfortunately.

Thread