Thread
Printable Version

Dexter Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

8x09 Make Your Own Kind Of Music

Of all the people Dexter had to asked to hide Hannah it had to be Debra but eating food she prepared was amusing and what a turn up that Oliver is Dr. Vogel so called dead son, Daniel

Goodbye Miami

Well i am not even surprise Evalin was killed off every guest star in this series get killed but having own son kill her was at least original in front of dexter was a bonus as he made his point. Harrison playing with the treadmill causing Hannah to go to ER almost got her caught but seriously you would think after he played on it the first time Dexter would have the common sense to unplug the treadmill ?.

8x10 Goodbye Miami

Dr. Vogel being killed by her son was a little predictable but seeing him one last time was a big mistake as she gave the game away and Hannah cant be all bad as she risked her freedom for Harrison

8x11 Monkey In A Box

I had a feeling it would be Oliver viewing the house but threatening Dexter was a bad call as there is now way he could walk away now and Debra helping with his capture was great but giving Debra the arrest instead you just knew would leaved to a finale cliffhanger

Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

Yes but what a stupid mistake because Deb is injured and Dexter will have to make a choice

8x12 Remember the Monsters?

What a shame that creating a scare at the airport to stop Jacob it also stopped them from leaving and what a shock that Debra could be brain dead after it looked like she was doing OK but finishing Oliver off as self-defence was great,Debra,s burial at sea before Dexter went into the storm was sad but you just knew he would survive

Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

I am really trying to think what i can say about this finale because on one hand it was bitter-sweet end for Dexter being alone and abandoning his son with Hannah but now she forced to be a single parent to a child that not hers.  Debra getting buried at sea was nice .

On the other hand there are some question that need to be asked such why would dexter be on a boat in middle of a storm? it makes no sense . How long can Dexter go unnoticed ?. What frustrating is that it look like season finale not series finale. I suppose we will wait and see if any possible spin-off will be created in the future.

Reply 43#43 bala's post

Dexter being on the boat in the storm makes perfect sense as he said goodbye to his son so he was hoping to die out there and surviving gives him a fresh start as he is believed to be dead

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Yes we saw that but outside perspective for dexter friends might wonder why he was in boat in middle of storm we know reason but they don't . .

Reply 45#45 bala's post

I think that should be obvious with Debra's body missing

Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

Well yeah you would think they would want to be at Deb funeral but since she was dexter sister it was up to him.

Thread