72 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Off The Map Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Off The Map Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss The Show Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 00:59 ]

1x01 Saved by the Great White Hope

That was an impressive rescue on the zip line considering it was her first day and the coconut transfusion was clever but taking Ed to the fire flies was lovely

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes but her crashing into him because she couldn't work out the breaks was amusing. I like how they ended the episode them driving off the rock , given at start other doctor drive save the patient who was stingray attached to his leg and what a way knock the guy out punching him to make him go unconscious. The TB family was a shame but at least he convinced the father seek treatment. I really hope this is a hit because it's different from other medical show out there.

Off the Map 1x02

Edited: Better Quality version [ Last edited by bala at 1-13-2011 18:48 ]

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I agree. I really like this show already. It looks a lot like Grey's, but then in the jungle with less focus on the surgery and a lot of focus on the important characters in the hospital.
I love the kid translating

Reply 5#5 kellemanske's post

Yes i also like this show but you do notice the lack character in the first episode it works well in private private because Kate Walsh was what made the show,  what it is they need strong character on this show make it a success.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I think this is going to be a lot about the 'great humanitarian', those three new one's and the girl that came back. And also, but a bit less about those two other coworkers of the 'great humanitarian' (sorry I forgot all the names).
And I think the characters will grow a lot in this first season. But I just hope it won't be to much like Grey's used to be (everyone sleeping with everyone and that sort of things) cause then it won't be that original any more (and that wasn't my favorite part of Grey's either). But I'm really curious to everyones past. Although I think it's too bad that in this first episode we already found out this much about the three new ones because I think they should have spread it a little. But we will have to wait and see...

Reply 7#7 kellemanske's post

So far only 1 of them sleeping with the boss

Reply 1#1 bala's post

i caught the premiere last night and really liked the show.  I like that it's not riding on any one actor's shoulders to carry this show, as it seems to be mostly unknown actors in the lead roles.  

I liked the storyline with Michael McKean (though some of it was gross) - he's a favourite, and nice to have a well known actor as a guest to start off the show.  The "firefly" lake was beautiful.

I thought it was well written and well acted and expect it to only get better, as most shows DO improve with a bit of time, as the writers & actors get a feel for the characters.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Episode 2

Well the second episode was good and new doctor are still getting hang out being out there but what funny way to end the episode you see romantic connection already coming from this show. Not best marriage proposal

Episode 3 previews

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I loved the second epi, but although I think he was right to propose, it was stupid to try and do it on the river
Nice save with the injection in the heart.
And I loved the supersticious part and 'plastics' taking away the scar.

Reply 12#12 kellemanske's post

Yes insult a jungle doctor was mistake but other doctor explain he was drop on his head as a baby was amusing

Off The Map: Martin Henderson, Mamie Gummer, Zach Gilford & Valerie Cruz

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Rescuing the photographer who was being attacked by an anaconda was impressive but what a way to find out about the proposal and being dropped as a child was funny

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes but the anaconda was actually saving his life which was great until it fell into the water

A Doctor Time Out

Well it such a tragic ending if only he didn't go to get the I-pod he would been fine you just knew as soon as he said that he would get injured.

Off the Map 1x04 Preview

I keep forgetting the names
I think it's good that Robin? (the girl that came back) told the other girl about the wife and kid of that other doctor, but I think that the guy might not like it that much. Though now she might understand him better.
I also liked that Charlie asked her if she knew his name
and the end with the lady in blue was a bit predictable
The 'ola' conversation was funny

Reply 19#19 kellemanske's post

It usually takes 1 season to learn the characters name ,do you notice i don't mention character name in the comments i have posted because i don't remember them but if i ever need to find out i just use This.

72 1234
Thread