53 123
Thread
Printable Version

18 to Life (CBS Canada)

18 to Life (CBS Canada)

The dust from the Category Five hurricane that was Tom and Jessie's spontaneous marriage has finally settled.  Which means Tom and Jessie are free to be the adult couple they were meant to be.  The good news is they now control their own destiny.  The bad news is they now control their own destiny.

Season II begins with Jessie bumping into a boyfriend from the past.  The encounter knocks Tom off balance and prompts Carter to pose a dangerous question:  How many people have Tom and Jessie really slept with?  Their escalating web of lies soon ensnares them both, and unearths a secret that puts their marriage in a whole new light.

Tom and Jessie survive the ordeal (the old "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" thing) but the stage is set for one helluva first year.  They'll discover part-time jobs are more fun when they work apart.  They'll lose a sex tape, lose each other in the woods, and one of them will lose the toilet seat battle.  They'll face pregnancy scares, a death in the family, a little jail time, and nearly get nailed by an exploding deep-fried turkey.  Also, there's a gay massage, but that's just a misunderstanding.  Point is, Tom and Jessie must engage in some serious romantic acrobatics to make it through to the season's conclusion: their one year anniversary.  But make it through they do, at least until the presents are exchanged...

Meanwhile, the parents discover they can still hate each other without Tom and Jessie.  But they'll also discover they kinda, sorta, well... need each other.  That's the thing about neighbours, they're so conveniently located.  Always right next door when you need someone to lend a hand, or stir the pot.

But unlike season I, the divide will not always be split along property lines.  Season II will find Tara colluding with Ben for the greater good, Jessie turning to Judith for marital advice, and both houses splitting along gender lines.  We'll also see the parents make nice over an ill-advised camping trip, which brings their relationship to the next level.  But not the next next level, that happens later when the parents decide to make their first joint purchase: a backyard sauna (which finds the Hills on an unexpected side of the whole naked-or-not debate).

In the end, 18 to Life is all about our couples, and the secrets and surprises that emerge in the bedrooms of all three.  Judith neglecting to tell Ben about her Botox, for instance.  Tara asking Phil if he'd be okay with giving his sperm to a friend from college (guest star Leah Pinsent).  Or the Bellows scheming to destroy Tara's gift: a hideous portrait of the family she painted.  How the parents will choose to rise above their private challenges impacts how Tom and Jessie tackle their own marriage, for better or for worse...
http://www.cbc.ca/18tolife/

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 23:44 ]

I'm glad this has returned for a second season and must watch it later

2x01 One Is the Loneliest Number

Tom and Jessie counting their past sexual partners backfired after Tom lied about one who happens to have a son named Tommy as one of his past girlfriend

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i been meaning to see this but wasn't sure when it airs

Reply 4#4 bala's post

You should try and watch season 1

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I will but it's going strange both of us watch different season and using same topic

Reply 6#6 bala's post

No problem i will hold back my comments untill you catch up

PS you have a week

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-4-2011 12:29 ]

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well if she hadn't dare him to propose to her they wouldn't got engaged but telling their parents were great and the decided show them what being married is all about

No Strings Attached

Well all that moving around to find a place end up back at the attic but they used Sofa for good use.

It's My Party

Well the stripper knowing guy dad was amusing

Detour

Well kids learn what married life is like by manipulating each other but it funny that his wife can drive and he can't

Baby Got Bank

Jessie and Tom enter dangerous waters of the joint bank account well Jessie isn't good with money but trust her with his money was a risk.

Goy Story

Well talking about taking a lie too far

Hanging Pictures

Well Tom finding out what hanging a picture was was funny but being uncomfortable with it with Jessie was reasonable but getting caught by Jessie Dad

Phil 'Er Up

Well phil moving in after having a fight with his wife was amusing

Working Noon to Five

Well not really a great episode but i knew it wouldn't of lasted

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Who would thought all it would take was getting lock in Phil garage to sort out there difference

In Sickness and in Health

Tom being sick and Jessie trying compete his mother when he was sick

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-4-2011 12:28  
No problem i will hold back my comments untill you catch up

PS you have a week

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-4-2011 12:29 ]
I did it in 2 days

Wingman

Well not bad season finale i was expecting them break up but they didn't

53 123
Thread