Thread
Printable Version

Shameless (US) Seasons 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-9-2011 11:20  
Overall not bad first full episodes with a few slit changes like apple instead of potato rolling across the floor and Yvonne taking boys to school but Lip taking Ian to Karen's and then catching Kash  ...
Since we watch the first 20 minute last month fast forward to watch remaining episode. There are slight diffrences but i wonder how american audience will like this show?

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I was surprised that so many of the young actors were willing to get naked in the UK version but Californication has been around for a while so it should do OK but i doubt it will last as long

Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

I agree but in Californication most women were over 18 even playing younger character i am just happy they haven't got becky to start.

Reply 23#23 bala's post

The one that surprised me the most in the UK version of Shameless was Debbie

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

i don't know what Debbie did after Fiona left but she took over from Fiona so i imagine she found a boyfriend as season develope.

Reply 25#25 bala's post

It was amusing how her boyfriend got her attention sitting in the street for hours waiting for her to come out

Episode 2 Preview

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 12-28-2010 17:43  
What a way teach a lesson to frank i bet US version it would be Canada
Look like i was right about Canada ,i love spot the difference between these episode i really like the door mat that was amusing and toilet scene at start was different but no intro was a bit strange. It was ok episode but not good British one because they was no language barrier.

Reply 28#28 bala's post

The door mat was funny and they made it to obvious he was in Canada with the flag - the sign and the maple leaf on joggers jumpers

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yeah but Fiona not forgiving him was different

Episode 3 previews

Aunt Ginger

Slight difference but nothing major but i like Ginger story-line i can't believe they got away with it

Reply 32#32 bala's post

Fiona popping Tony's cherry in the police car was was amusing especially when they got disturbed and how on earth did he get away with collecting Ginger's benefit for so long but the fake Ginger was amusing

Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

We never saw that UK version it had already happen

Episode 4 Previews

Casey Casden

This was Debbie kidnap the little boy episode which i really enjoyed in uk version the US version wasn't bad but Debbie using the money for water heater was nice.

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Karen flirting with Frank over breakfast was amusing and all that baking that Sheila was doing was making me hungry

Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Did you notice what they left out graphic part frank & Karen given we know what happen UK version it would against US censors to allow that

Episode 5 preview

Three Boys

Well the fake wedding was nice but frank thinking he has ball cancer was amusing given that he wanted to get more money by benefits by doing a medical exam   .i can't believe they got  Anthony Anderson as Marty the brother who is a arsonist. He's a great actor huge fan of him. $500 cheque from her dead dad was funny since they thought it was going be a house

Thread