104 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Rake (New Show)

Rake (New Show)

A lawyer (criminal defense) tries to take up the most challenging and disturbing cases that no one wants. His private life is not without pickles.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Another show to add to the growing list

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

your one who got addicted to offspring and Cop: Lac -thought beat you this time to this show

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Another show from Australia, i think they are producing some good shows from down under

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

yeah i admit they do quite well with lower tv budget compared to American show.

So far weak one is Sprited but rest are quite good.

1x01 R V Murray

Strange episode when Cleaver is presented with a case he can't resist... to defend a cannibal charged with murder but cannibalism isn't a crime so getting away with eating a dead man was interesting and his relationship with Missy is another story

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Well it wasn't really strange episode but Cleaver is really is such an interesting character let just recap he's in love with prostitute named Missy who decided become a law student but to than attend her class as the lecturer was high amusing but than this isn't any surprise when he decided to speak a psychiatrist who happens to be his wife to discuss this issue if that wasn't strange enough his son walk in and try convince his dad to cover for him claiming plausible deniablity. on top of this he seem suffer gambling addiction. This guy could give House a run for his money .

Reply 7#7 bala's post

The son's plausible deniability was funny

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yes it was but this gives kids some idea when trying convince a parent to cover for him  

R Vs Marx

What a way for a mother to get her daughter out of jail by sleeping with one of the jurors and Cleaver decides to take the case but sleeping with her was funny I figured she would but he really does love women but than going to court trying to be disrespectful about his client was funny. Drugging the prosecution to give her confidence was great.
The ending with the taped with cleaver talking about conflict of intrest was  A GREAT ending to the episode.

Missi lie got way out of control thanks to Cleaver . i am still a little surprised at shooting but he survived , it was amazing getting two shot to his chest and he survives? .if this been US show the guy would been dead .  

His son asking him to use his flat as love place for his girlfriend was funny.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I liked the way Cleaver turned the tables on Missy's cover story at the restaurant and David who makes headlines when he tackles a gunman was impressive but what Lucy did to get information after her daughter is found guilty of murder was beyond the call of motherhood and as for his son leaving a used condom in the bed was disgusting

Episode 3

Well bigamy case was ok i figured he had 3rd wife somewhere and I was right but i like how he got the bar association members to give him a pass thanks girl he hired who had a secret about them.  . I am liking this guy by every episode but i can't wait until his friend finds out it's him who she's cheating with   .

Reply 12#12 bala's post

At least the bigamist knew all his kids favorite toys and hobbies but can you imagine the expense of keeping more than one family, the judges comment after the female barrister said about trying to escape the boredom of a long term marriage was funny and I'm glad he stood up for Melissa when he was in the lift

PS did you recognise the judge

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

i think so Cops: Lac, cop who ran girl over on the street

Reply 14#14 bala's post

Yes well remembered

Episode 4

Well he found out thanks to his wife lying about it but i am glad he smart enough to figure out it was him.

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Cleaver's son seems to follow his father with the ladies by having an affair with his English teacher

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

I was surprise when it revealed because we really had no idea it was the English teacher but i had feeling it was her at parent evening giving a positive report by the teacher.

Episode 5

Well i am glad we didn't see the dvd but i have say when dvd was found i never imagine what was on it , i thought something medical but when we found out what it was,  it was surprising but i feel sorry for the daughter because can you imagine finding out your father has dvd with something that cause embarrassment.

The legal strategy was brilliant making the jury watch the dvd frame by frame was smart because they became immune to it and give him a pass.

Now Cleaver's 3 ladies in a bed situation was one of the best moment of the series

Reply 19#19 bala's post

Cleaver sleeping on the sofa with the 3  ladies in his bed was priceless but the animal cruelty case was disturbing but the family dog didn't deserve that or did he considering he was scratching the bedroom door. I did like all the dog innuendos when he was asking Missy for help

104 123456
Thread