29 12
Thread
Printable Version

Body of Proof Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I was in Italy last year, most of the films and series are dubbed there. In almost every west-european country they dub, it's a real shame! In Belgium, they just put subtitles and it really helps to learn English faster etc and it helps if you go to another country for quite a while you can still watch tv... I hope some of the countries will stop dubbing cause it really doesn't look good, you see the lips of the actors speaking english but the text is in French. It just isn't right.

I really liked the pilot.
You're right about the female version of House, but I think that she's also different in a lot of ways.
The flashback to the accident was nice for us to understand what happened
and it looks like Peter really wants to help her.
I already dislike her Ex because he lied to their daughter about her mother not being able to make it
but the kid is smart and I loved the cake at the end.
Also a nice twist with the killing.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

Maybe not, but for as far as I can tell, she wasn't a great mother because she was never around. She let her carrier come before her family, which is basicly why she lost her husband and child. It doesn't look like she was abusive, a really bad parent other then not being there, ... So her Ex should be happy that she is trying to reconnect with their daughter and give their daughter a chance to get to know her mother, eventhough it's late. And I know that that can't be easy for him, but by lying, he is only hurting his own child more which can't be the intention.
I understand why he doesn't want her to get to know her daughter, he thinks it's too late and all and he doesn't want his daughter to get hurt. But the kid is 15, she can deside for herself.
btw: I didn't mean he was a bad guy, I'm just saying that it was not the right thing to do. He could at least have told the kid the truth. And I don't like that he made it look like she was the bad guy cause she was really trying.

[ Last edited by kellemanske at 3-30-2011 11:56 ]

what's the big difference between an ME and a surgeon?
A surgeon has to know how he can kill a patient and make sure that doesn't happen, but they also have all the other basic anatomic and medical knowledge. The fact that she was a neurosurgeon makes that she knows the effect of the blow to the head.
The microscopy knowledge is also basic for medical students cause they are trained general first and judging on her age being a respected neurosurgeon, she's a fighter so she probably took extra classes and learned very hard.
Also, 6 months is a lot of time to shave up the basics and it's a tvshow so anything is possible. Btw if I'm not mistaking, medical students also learn the basics of autopsy but maybe that's not correct.
(btw who's overthinking it now It's a good storyline.)

Reply 27#27 bala's post

You have to know what you can do wrong before you know what you can't do
A surgeon must know how many and which nerves he can cut before someone is paralysed, but he also has to know where the dangerous spots are, where he can't cut without causing a mass bleeder,... And as a general doctor (so before specializing) you have to learn what the symptoms of everything else is, like asfyxia, poison,...
Or at least that's what I'm convinced of I don't know how the educational program in other countries is. Anyway, I guess that in real life you would have to do some courses to get accreditation as an ME. (this is what I found on the internet: Medical examiners are fully trained medical doctors with a specialty in forensic pathology who are licensed to do examinations on corpses.)

I especially loved the twist in the end.

Reply 54#54 bala's post

I was thinking the same about the ex and the boss, but I don't know. At the end, when she dropped her daughter off at the house of her ex, he looked a lot friendlier then at first. So maybe some day they will work things out, it is tv after all

I liked that too, but megan's dad was a surprise and the request to exume him being denied by her mother was harsh from both of them.

Well, Money is a powerfull motive. She didn't just change charities, she was about to take away all the money that the sis thought was rightfully hers. And the brother turning in the mother, I didn't see that one coming.

Reply 83#83 carlorica's post

I don't think he will leave. I think he is going to stay for his daughter.

Reply 87#87 codebreaker's post

I knew the snake had something to do with it when it came up earlier in the episode, but I didn't see the connection with the barman and all. Nice twist.

the two jerks from the smart girls class switched her body with the old guy. And I guess the brother brought the body to the hospital. They did say that the security was bad.

I loved this episode. With Peter getting his emotions in the way and the commander asking about Megan.
But it turned out ok and I'm glad it wasn't his partner.

Reply 103#103 bala's post

I agree, but I feel sorry for her mother.. Wonder how that will continue.

Reply 109#109 bala's post

I agree. Kate losing the position was a surprise, but how long will it last. Curtis can't handle Megan.
The date was amusing. I actually like the guy. He was great.

Reply 111#111 bala's post

no, I just didn't expect them to give it to any of them. I would have thought that if she got demoted, they would bring in a stranger.

We saw Curtis try and stand up to Megan with the budget in one of the earlier episodes and she always gets what she wants.
I really don't believe he can handle her. But then again, maybe nobody can.

[ Last edited by kellemanske at 2-23-2012 16:10 ]

Reply 113#113 bala's post

Are you kidding me? That would be a PR nightmare. Megan isn't the least bit good in politics. She hates it.

Reply 115#115 bala's post

oh ok; that i do understand.

Reply 123#123 arksongbird80's post

Well, according to the next promo she's gonna play a key role in the next episode.
They weren't really casual but Peter just has commitment anxiety.

Reply 125#125 bala's post

that's the guy from the cdc in the promo right? He looks great. Almost makes me sad Megan already has a guy. But maybe Kate gets lucky...

29 12
Thread