30 12
Thread
Printable Version

Better With You Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Better With You Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Maddie and Ben have been dating for nine years. They know each other inside and out, a relationship marked by contentment and affection, seeing their commitment to one another as a "valid life choice," something they proclaim often—and often loudly. Maddie's younger sister, Mia, has been dating Casey for seven weeks. With a shared c'est la vie attitude, Mia and Casey are smitten with each other, and thrilled to explore the oh-so-many things they don't know about each other yet. But when they announce they're getting married and having a baby, it's news that throws Maddie for a loop. Surprisingly, the girls' parents, Vicky and Joel, couldn't be more pleased. Married 35 years, they have recently adopted a carpe diem sort of philosophy, rather like Mia's, maybe because they're getting older and lost a good portion of their savings when the economy tanked. With three very different relationships tightly intertwined in one family, will it be free thinkers vs. over-thinkers, or will each couple begin to see things a little bit differently?

http://abc.go.com/shows/better-with-you

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 22:38 ]

Reply 2#2 bala's post

That was bad timing but making fun of Maddie was funny and the start and end and the way they all communicate differently

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I like the way Maddie manipulated the situation to make sure Mia and Jake got the fire house but after his vision which was great Maddie had second thoughts

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Close To Home is the only other show i can remember seeing her in but she does play the big sister great

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Ben not included in the photo because he's not married and Casey was considering he's only been going out with Mia for 9 weeks but she's having his baby

1x04 Better with Fighting

I liked Ben's recollection of Mia's temper if someone does her crossword was funny but Casey getting naked to resolve the argument was great and what was Maddie thinking when she got naked in the restaurant to resolve her argument

1x05 Better With Little Buddy

Poor Mia been denied her romantic activities because Casey thinks it will harm their unborn baby and Ben trying to get off Vicky's e-mail list was funny

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Mia and Maddie watching the mysterious videotape found among Casey's things was funny considering what they thought might be on it but Ben not knowing what Maddie wanted considering she apparently told him six times was crazy

Reply 18#18 bala's post

The mothers arguing about what they wanted to be called and where the baby was going to be born was amusing

Reply 20#20 bala's post

Especially if it was born on Christmas day

Reply 22#22 bala's post

Lorraine Ashley stealing Mia wedding ideas was funny and i think the ladies can beat the guys at flirting

Reply 24#24 bala's post

That was a great proposal it's just a shame about Maddie being allergic to the ring and all the other signs

Reply 27#27 bala's post

Maddie being used to wrap her parents Christmas presents was funny and Mia trying to use the baby as an excuse not to spending the holiday together at their lake house would of been clever if they hadn't all meet at the airport

1x11 Better with Skinny Jeans

Mia accusing Ben of ripping her favorite pair of jeans instead of her pregnancy and Joel putting Vicky on the floor so he could have the couch was amusing

Reply 31#31 bala's post

Losing the cat was priceless and telling them all they could be the baby's guardian was diplomatic

Reply 33#33 bala's post

That was an impressive Valentine's Day and topping that next year would be hard but emailing the dirty photo for the lookalike cake was funny

Reply 35#35 bala's post

I suppose it showed the same as when he was wearing his wife's robe

Reply 37#37 bala's post

I thought they did blur his wedding tackle out because he said it was airy

Reply 39#39 bala's post

I like to catch the mistakes

Reply 42#42 bala's post

Maddie's driving licence photo was funny

30 12
Thread