Thread
Printable Version

Hawaii Five-O (2010) Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 16: E Malama

This was another great episode, I loved the fact this episode had two separate storylines with the first being Julie Masters being hunted from a couple of assassins and the second being Rachel & Grace getting car-jacked, I really liked the scene of McGarrett holding a log & Danny driving angry talking about Stan on the phone, I also loved the way Danny saved the day with the threat he made to Bruce Hoffman, the scenes of McGarrett jungle hunting the 2 assassins and getting Julie to the courthouse was great fun to watch because of how he ended up taken them down, I wasn't expecting the lawyer to be the 3rd assassin.

Episode 17: Powa Maka Moana

I have said this many times before but this was a great episode, I found the scene of McGarrett & Danny pushing McGarrett's broken car up a hill quite funny because of Danny's mini rant, the scene of Kamekona jogging was a really funny but McGarrett using a grenade to get into a locked steel cage at a Pawn Shop had me in stitches, I guessed Susan was in on the Kidnapping because it's unlikely the bad guys wouldn't of searched the boat and found her before leaving, my favourite scene by a country mile was the rescue & chase sequence at the end.

Episode 18: Loa Aloha

This a very good episode, I think the murder to start this episode off with Katie falling to her death was the best opening sequence to date because of the chilling phone call from the killer as it happened, I loved the sub-plot about Danny's brother Matt visiting, I liked the scene of Danny, McGarrett, Rachel, Grace & Matt having dinner, It was funny how the FBI Agent who spoke to the Governor changed his facial expression in an instance, my favourite scene was of Matt leaving on a plane with Danny watching as he left, I have to mention that the main bomber storyline was a little boring in my opinion.

Episode 19: Na Me'e Laua Na Paio

This was a good episode, the scene of McGarrett going a little crazy because of Danny being secretive about what he had in his paper bag was funny, I didn't like the first scene we got of McGarrett & Jenna Kaye together but they got better as the episode went on, my favourite scene was of McGarrett chasing down and tackling a suspect into some water, I couldn't stop laughing at the scene of Danny trying to send a message in the style of a stripper, I got real bored of the main murder storyline the longer it went on for some reason, I loved how this episode ended with Wo Fat and McGarrett having their first real face to face meeting.

Episode 20: Ma Ke  Kahakai

This was a very good episode, I liked the start to the main storyline with McGarrett getting injured after finding a DOA while hiking with Danny, the scene of Kono informing Sean Leung of his fathers death was brilliant because of the way Kono delivered the news, I loved the scene straight after that with Danny & Chin Ho jumping onto a moving boat, I loved the scene of McGarrett taking down the bad guy,  I thought the scenes of McGarrett & Danny in the mountains before and after finding the DOA were some of their best scenes together, I look forward to see the storyline about Chin Ho and the stolen money to get resolved before seasons end.

Episode 21: Ho'opa'i

This was a great episode, I liked the start to this episode with Reggie, Lisa & Kevin having a short lived family reunion, I also liked the scene when McGarrett made it clear to Agent Marsh that he was going after Jimmy Cannon, I found the scene of Kono climbing a tree to get a camera funny because of Danny calling Kono “Spider Woman”, the scene of McGarrett driving though Jimmy Cannon's security fence so he & Danny could talk to Jimmy was awesome, I guessed the surviving FBI agent was the leak but I didn't guess that Jimmy's son would be behind the hit, I loved the scene of Reggie giving Jimmy a great I'm coming to get you speech.

Episode 22: Ho'ohuli Na'au

This was a good episode, I found the whole Kono not knowing who Charlie Fong was  until the very end of this episode funny to watch, the scene when Kamekona said the gambling collectors were big was funny because of how McGarrett & Danny reacted, my favourite scene was of Danny throwing hot coal into a suspects face to stop him, I never expected Amy to be the killer but the way McGarrett & Danny left Amy feeling very guilty about what she had done was awesome, the developing storyline involving Chin Ho & the stolen money was the best thing about this episode and the ending with Chin Ho asking for Money from the Bookie was shocking.

Episode 23: Ua Hiki Mai Kapalena Pau

This was an amazing episode, I loved how this episode started with an explosion, Sang Min making run for it and Danny being infected after finding a DOA, the scene of McGarrett hanging up on Sang Min & letting Grace know that Danny is in hospital was both funny & heartbreaking, I loved the scene when Kono used a trash can lid to stop a suspect from getting away, I liked the way the Chin Ho storyline came to a conclusion in this episode, my favourite scenes were of Danny in hospital, I'm guessing Danny & Rachel will get back together, I liked how the case ending, the very last scene from this episode was a perfect way to take us into the season finale.

Episode 24: Oia'i'o

This was a brilliant season finale, I liked how the episode started with Danny & Rachel together and Chin Ho being offered his old job back, I loved the car bombing scene that killed Laura because of how it set the rest of the episode up, the tactics McGarrett used to get a suspect to talk was awesome, I guessed Governor Jameson was working with Wo Fat a few episodes back, I laughed when Kamekona showed McGarrett a selection of guns, I absolutely loved the final minutes of this season with McGarrett getting arrested for Governor Jameson's murder, Danny being out of a job, Chin Ho back at HPD & Kono being investigated by IA.

Ha’aw Make Loa (Death Wish)

Well Max waiting in bank to ask the cashier out was sweet but having a bank robbery happend where she get shot was just bad timing but finding out person who tackled the robbers wanted to kill himself was sad.

Reply 22#22 bala's post

The blatant product placement in this episode was a distraction.  I liked the idea for the Supermodel but then every scene showed VS somewhere in the shot and I was over it.  Plus the episode felt like it was pulled in two different directions.

Did we ever find out what should have been "forgiven and forgot"??
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 23#23 arksongbird80's post

No they left that to our imagination but guessing he was bad husband and father before he got diagnosed

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Ahhh. That makes since.   The actual  story line is forgotten and half naked women are displayed.   SILLY ME!!

love the new icon/avatar

Reply 25#25 arksongbird80's post

Well i found naked man running more amusing poor kono having to arrest him

Reply 26#26 bala's post

I did rather think that was hilarious!!!!

3x04 Popilikia (Misfortune)

I'm surprised after the polo player who literally loses his head that you couldn't see the wire close up and finding out it was his mothers fault the kidnappers cut his finger off would make you made but why he waited so long to get revenge was strange

3x05 Mohai (Offering)

That was a sick grandmother and grandson and those were grisly murders but Steve being distracted by the movie while making out was amusing

3x06 I Ka Wa Mamua (In a Time Past)

How Danny lost his old partner, Grace was sad and I assume he named his daughter in her memory but those bombs could of been deadly

3x07 Ohuna (Secret)

The murder of the young computer hacker was interesting as it was his autistic brother who helped solve the case but Kono's rescue was impressive

3x08 Wahine 'inoloa (Evil Woman)

Olivia getting to the wife first was a smart move but considering there was no evidence she was involved in the murder Steve's gut feeling was right from the start but going to meet her after the restraining order was a stupid idea and Catherine was lucky to get out of the hotel room, what Doris was doing to the guy following was karma

Thread