Thread
Printable Version

Hellcats Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

I took time to watch this.  Ashley Tisdale and ?Mickela? are both Disney stars with serious music backgrounds.  It was interesting to see them in something "other" than a disney gig.  I agree with Bala, they will have to do something more interesting than this first epi with the stunts to keep us hooked.   The bring it on movies have set a high standard so I expect the story plot to be the basis of the show.

I look forward to Marti's mom showing up at the competition.  They will win because if they don't the show will end.  All the kids will lose their scholarships.  That was a katty move on Alice's part.  haha.  Going to be fun to watch.  

I'm giving it a shot.  They should add it to VIP though.  That's at the same time as Crim Minds and SVU.  THOSE i won't miss.  Sorry CW.  Should have put it on at 8 then I would be able to.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Hellcats was added to VIP.  YAY!

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Aly and Aj ( her sister) got their start with disney, but they are primarily acoustic musicians not rock and roll per say.

Here's a link to the song she sang although there isn't a file to download.  http://cwtv.com/music/hellcats  Good sound!!!

Great episode.  I'm glad Savannah stood up to her mom and the guy is going for exclusive.  That's great

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 9-30-2010 08:14 ]

Reply 28#28 bala's post

I agree Bala.  I was unimpressed with this episode.  The side story with the Hellcats coach/boyfriend/FB coach is just boring.  Blah.

They are going to vote savannah out because she dared to think outside the box.  They are 20 something, why wouldn't they want flashy.  Hmmm   OH and how could they afford a plane ticket hours before departure.  That stuff is expensive.  It's not like they have jobs.  

I enjoyed the music at the end.  The prison scene was just not believable on any level.  He can't have the guitar in his cell, but alone in a room with a 20 yr old is okay???  hmmm  

Still like the show tho.  

Reply 33#33 bala's post

I enjoyed the episode.  Glad to learn something about lewis.  

i was really surprised marti picked the Hellcats over Law mingling.  That was kinda surprising.  Sorry about the 16th place.  what now?  Car washes galor?

Reply 38#38 bala's post

i agree and look forward to Marti and the Law student to find out what's going on with the Fishy ex girlfriend of the Con.  Also, I think something is going to brew between Marti and that guy.  

Reply 40#40 bala's post

YES but he doesn't want to appear as anything other than a dedicated Law student.  OR a blah.....Whichever...

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 11-7-2010 11:46 ]

Reply 43#43 bala's post

I thought alice was great in this episode.  DIdn't like the coach being all in her face   and Jake should have stuck up for her.  Glad she rocked the reporter!!  Good for her.

I'm not sure why the coach was singing but she was pretty good. I would have rather had Marty rock it.  Ehh...

the laptop theft was good.  NIce drama.

Reply 46#46 bala's post

I liked this episode but the best was the special guest's who were both from Stategate!!  Awesome!!!!!

that was nice of Savannah!  She's a giver.  and I don't think that what marty and dan did was so bad.  It was none of S's business what happened 5-6 yrs ago.  They didn't lie but they did leave out the truth by omission.

Reply 48#48 bala's post

well they made-out but they didn't go "all the way" so I'm not sure it's worth saying anything.  It hurts the other's around them and doesn't really solve anything.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I am going to assume no, because to do other wise adds all kinds of drama.  I'm gonna hope they kept it somewhat together.

Reply 52#52 bala's post

no. But I'm top of that.  Let's see what you are talking about...

-----

Okay I think Bala you are talking about the "needing Space" convo.  I don't think this confirms they slept together but I *DO* think it confirms that Dan has feelings for Marty and to be fair to Savannah he's backing away from her.  I think the car episode merely escaladed an idea planted by marty's mother a couple episodes ago.  Kissing and adding chemistry have hightened what was.  

But I still don't think they went all the way...

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 11-12-2010 08:00 ]

Thread