115 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Hellcats Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hellcats Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

HELLCATS is a coming-of-age story about Marti Perkins (Aly Michalka, "The Roommate," "Bandslam"), a pre-law scholarship student at Lancer University in Memphis, Tennessee. Marti is a hip, edgy townie with working class roots, whose world flips upside down, literally and figuratively, when her scholarship is cancelled and her well-meaning but irresponsible mother, Wanda (Gail O'Grady, "NYPD Blue," "American Dreams") neglects to inform her.
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/hellcats

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 22:37 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

Are you planning on watching this?

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Yes but i am more looking forward to Hawaii Five-0 because of the cast

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Did you see the CBS fall preview video ?

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Yes that what got me interested

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

you do realise that spoiled first episode and just because first episode might be good doesn't mean rest of the season will be.

Not a bad first episode but i can't wait to see Marty reaction when her mum turns up at the qualifiers. The problem with this show that most stuff we already seen in cheerleader movies like bring it on. There really need something keep us interested.  

Reply 7#7 bala's post

you are right about the cheermovies, but there were 4 bring it on movies which kind off shows that there is interest in the cheerleading things

Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

yes but there have to do stunts better than those movies

Reply 9#9 bala's post

we will see that next episode I guess
can't wait to see what is going to happen, but if the series looks the least bit like those movies, they will qualify (otherwise the show is already over) but not win (if that is possible).

Reply 10#10 kellemanske's post

Yes did you spot 3 love-triangles story-lines

Reply 11#11 bala's post

yes, it will be great.
Can't wait to see what the deal is between the cheercoach and the new footballcoach
And alice vs Marti is going to be fun
I also love Marti's great sarcastic comments!!!

btw: some of the love triangles are already shown on the poster (but you don't see it if you haven't seen the show)

1x01 A World Full Of Strangers

This was OK for the first episode, what Lewis did to clear the shower for Marti was nice and i am looking forward too see what Marti does when her mother surprises her with a visit

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

yes it was and his compliment was nice as well

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

I took time to watch this.  Ashley Tisdale and ?Mickela? are both Disney stars with serious music backgrounds.  It was interesting to see them in something "other" than a disney gig.  I agree with Bala, they will have to do something more interesting than this first epi with the stunts to keep us hooked.   The bring it on movies have set a high standard so I expect the story plot to be the basis of the show.

I look forward to Marti's mom showing up at the competition.  They will win because if they don't the show will end.  All the kids will lose their scholarships.  That was a katty move on Alice's part.  haha.  Going to be fun to watch.  

I'm giving it a shot.  They should add it to VIP though.  That's at the same time as Crim Minds and SVU.  THOSE i won't miss.  Sorry CW.  Should have put it on at 8 then I would be able to.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 16#16 arksongbird80's post

Well that good thing about internet you can watch it anytime , the second episode wasn't bad but i liked fact this episode focused on Savannah and her family history how they disprove of her joining Lancer.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

That was a tough decision for Savannah to stay with the team and not going with her family to pray for Charlotte, Marti's mother may have been loud but she wasn't as bad as i expected

Well that date didn't exactly go to plan but impossible law assignment was great when they create the case out of thin air

Reply 19#19 bala's post

That was clever thinking outside the box with the law case and i did like the street dancing

115 123456
Thread