35 12
Thread
Printable Version

Shattered (Showcase Canada)

Shattered (Showcase Canada)

Ben Sullivan (Callum Keith Rennie) is a tough, smart homicide detective with Multiple Personality Disorder. In the first moments of the series, Ben and his new partner Amy Lynch (Camille Sullivan) pursue a murder suspect and Lynch is forced to shoot. The resulting SIU investigation bonds the two partners in blood. Each week they work to solve the murder cases that cross their desk daily, while Ben copes with the fascinating complexities of managing his life as a cop while living as a man with alternate personalities and the uncertainty of never knowing which personality will surface. Or when.
http://www.showcase.ca/ontv/titl ... oot_Title_Id=248989

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 23:35 ]

1x01 The Sins Of The Father

It took a while to find a copy of this, with Amy killing someone before her official first day on Ben's instructions who turned out to be unarmed but then lying to cover it up made for an interesting episode and with Ben's split personality how long will it be before Amy finds out

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes but i am surprise they let him be a cop with this problem-how comes only few people know yet they allow him to be a cop?.

1x02 Harry Has A Wife

Another interesting episode, it must be hard for Harry's wife knowing about his split personality and after finding the photo in his pocket but why did she call him Ben when she confronted the other woman. Harry' burning the money and telling the guy to talk faster to save his money was great but Amy still not spotting the change is not very observant

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well how can she be observant when she doesn't know about his condition the transition only lasted few minutes.

Do you think you would of notice it,  if you didn't know about his personalty disorder. i don't think she will figure out until he put her life in danger and is forced to tell her.

i liked the fact two cases were connected thanks to Amy making the connection.   

She call him Ben thinking it was Ben until she figured out it was harry.

1x03 Don't Wanna Die

How unfortunate for the guy with the meths lab in the storage unit but Ben having one of his turns with less than a minute on the bomb really scared Amy but she now knows about his multiple personalities and tries to hide the video evidence to protect him

1x04 Sound Of A Strap

It did look a bit pointless taking a rape test when it looked like they had all been killed by her boyfriend but it was all her idea for what they did to her friend and Ben slamming on the brakes to get him to talk was great

Reply 5#5 bala's post

This starts Monday in the UK on Hallmark Channel

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

I only have freeview channels

you are already a week behind isn't time you just focus main shows watch all others later

1x05 Tears Bring Harry

Another good episode where we see more of the Harry side of Ben but talk about bad timing when he changes while he is with Harry's girlfriend and i feel that some of the episodes are out of order because Amy seems to of forgot about his multiple personalities

1x06 Where's The Line

The e mailing wife who was trying to have her husband killed was amusing especially when she hired an undercover cop to kill him and also asked him to dispose of another body and Amy is having a hard time with Ben as her partner

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-1-2010 17:08  
How unfortunate for the guy with the meths lab in the storage unit but Ben having one of his turns with less than a minute on the bomb really scared Amy but she now knows about his multiple personalit ...
Yes that just bad luck but i am glad Amy knows i liked that she tried to speak to the wife and she didn't confirm it nor deny it i can't wait to see what happens next

Reply 12#12 bala's post

After this episode its seems Amy has forgot about talking to his wife which make me think the episodes are out of order

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

but in the recap at the start it shows her talking to the wife?

Reply 14#14 bala's post

It might be the next one

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Well i think the point of that is that it keep audience guessing of whether she knows or not-for all we know she ignore his personalities because he's a good cop. As soon as she confirms she knows the shows over it's only keep audience guessing and make them watch future episodes.

1x07 Everyone's A Hostage To Someone

I started to watch episode 8 and then realised i missed this one, Amy being honest to the shrink about Nick getting shot during the siege at the police station was interesting but it's a shame the Paul died saving Ben

1x08 In The Dark

Another good episode with Amy this time getting in to trouble but Ben's alternate personality coming to her rescue was nice and we learn about Amy being abused by her stepfather but getting the guy that was one of Amy ole cases that got away last time was a great result

1x09 Stairways to Perceptions

Interesting episode were their latest case reminds Ben of his abusive childhood but tragically the woman who told them about the 20 year old case was the one that killed her sister when she was only five and her parents covered it up and the original cop put two innocent men in prison where one died

1x10 Out of Sorrow

Tough case when what looks like Ben's missing son turns up in a pedophile video but how sad when Ben eventually remembers where he took him to keep him save two years ago and i thought Amy was going to kill her ex when he attacked her

35 12
Thread