26 12
Thread
Printable Version

No Ordinary Family Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

No Ordinary Family Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Powells are about to go from ordinary to extraordinary. After 16 years of marriage, Jim and Stephanie's relationship lacks the spark it once had, and their family life now consists of balancing work and their two children, leaving little time for family bonding. During a family vacation set up by Jim in an attempt to reconnect, their plane crashes into the Amazon River. But this is where the fun starts for the Powells, as they soon discover that something's not quite right.

Each of them now possesses unique and distinct superpowers. But saving and savoring their family life will be equally important, as they try to find purpose for their new powers and embark on a journey to find out what defines and unifies them. The Powells are a totally relatable family who happen to be a little bit amazing.

http://abc.go.com/shows/no-ordinary-family

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 16:19 ]

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Great pilot episode but i wonder were their powers came from unless the bad guy had been were their plane crashed, Jim needs a lot more practice on his landings

Reply 5#5 bala's post

How crazy was he practicing of how to stop a car and JJ being accused of cheating with ( B -) he should have got the teacher to do something on the blackboard there and then

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I've not seen The Incredibles but it does remind me of the Fantastic Four

Reply 14#14 bala's post

1x03 No Ordinary Ring
JJ asking Daphne to use her telepathy to confirm if Sara likes him was amusing but telling his she only likes Jewish guys only made things worse and Jim lying to Daphne only made her want to tell Megan her secret even more but when it came to it she lied as well

Reply 27#27 bala's post

JJ using his powers to join the football team was interesting and I'm glad he defended Daphne but he should of told his parents the truth

Reply 30#30 bala's post

1x05 No Ordinary Quake
That's a nice power Rebecca has but Stephanie learning JJ's secret and initially keeping it was good, JJ's urine test was funny

Reply 32#32 bala's post

Yes that would be an interesting conversation

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I like the way Daphne's power are evolving and JJ wining the car from his grandfather was amusing but when Stephanie's parents turned up i was hoping the home invaders had picked the wrong house

Reply 38#38 bala's post

It looks like the mysterious guy is trying to protect their secret but i don't now why he lied about recognizing them from the photo

Reply 42#42 bala's post

JJ wanting to save the teacher considering he was about to report him was nice and  Katie discovering that Stephanie is Jim's kryptonite was amusing

Reply 48#48 bala's post

Nice team work in taking down the arsonist and JJ and Daphne team up to take their fellow students for money in a poker game was amusing it's just a shame they used the winning to bribe the school security guard

1x10 No Ordinary Sidekick

It's a shame Daphne was the only one to find out about Katie's new boyfriend and Jim giving George a piggyback was funny

Reply 71#71 arksongbird80's post

I liked Daphne's speech about her being president and knowing what on their minds and it would be tragic if Katie got hurt for what she knows

Reply 77#77 bala's post

That was unfortunate for Jim but the other letting Mike know about their powers was careless but taking JJ gambling was wrong

Reply 79#79 bala's post

As they said there is no sure thing in horse racing

Reply 86#86 bala's post

The Die Hard reference was amusing especially the Yippee-ki-yay line and snowing in the classroom was impressive way to show his abilities

Reply 91#91 bala's post

Stephanie and Jim competing against each other over Stephanie's friend Lena's attack was amusing and i guess Bailey has never been dropped before but fair play for JJ being honest about having feelings for someone else. Daphne mind controlling her dad out of grounding her was funny

Reply 94#94 bala's post

Daphne mind controls are fun to watch and it's a good job Jim didn't tell Daphne what he had planned but the Jim - Jim/shape shifter fight was amusing, JJ helping solve Natalie's moms murder was nice

Reply 101#101 bala's post

Daphne's boyfriend Chris helping his dad backfired big time and I'm glad Katie now knows the truth but the boy shot by the stray bullet that actually saved his life was nice

26 12
Thread