65 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Amazing Forum Race Sign up! Win VIP points!

Amazing Forum Race Sign up! Win VIP points!

Welcome to another edition of the Amazing Forum Race! For those unfamiliar, the race consists of rounds/legs. Each leg will have at least 2 quizzes for different tv shows you have to take and usually a mini game. Everyone is judged on right answers as well as time. Each leg will start at different times and could last anywhere between 48 and 96 hours. New legs start within 12 to 48 hours after the last leg ended. people are usually eliminated as we go along just like the real Amazing Race. However this year I plan a few surprises.

Prizes are: 100 VIP points 1st place winner 80 VIP points 2nd place winner 50 VIP points 3rd place winner and several surprise prizes along the way! also all participants who actively play until they are either eliminated or win will also win a prize.

To sign up please post here: I am in the Race!

I am in the Race!

You can Count me in and lets hope i do better this time thanks
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +10 Welcome to the race! 8-18-2010 19:00

I am in the Race!

Well i normal don't go for this race and i don't think i will win but there's a first time to try it.
Recent Ratings

OMGosh Bala is gonna try the race? *faints

Reply 4#4 gabsimom's post

you wanted a surprise didn't you ?

Reply 4#4 gabsimom's & 5#5 bala's post

LOL! You both made me laugh.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

we're in the race!

whoo hoo - wouldn't miss it for the world. the computer's a little groggy from the move but i'll put the tarsier on the hamster wheel to give it a little boost yay, bala. there's a first time for everything! codebreaker, you're obviously the one to beat this year if you're going to be so quick! gabsimom, the little ones are giving you enough breathing time to pull this off again? i can't believe it's already been a million years since the last race. things are going FTL speed here too.
Recent Ratings
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I feel like ir is long over due and most Mods are helping this time

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

Does the race start next Monday ?

Sign up is usually up for 2 weeks. We will see what kind of Turn out we get before I decide. Don't worry I will give notice before it starts. Everyone try to get your friends to sign up. As we all Know the race is like shooting fish in a barrel for Vip points then when you win faving all those fish cleaned and cooked for you.

I'm in the race!!

Hi all - I'm in!! I have absolutely no idea what it entails but it sounds like fun and I am sure I'll figure it out as we go along. Nice to see you in here too Bala and Barb, at least I know SOMEone!! [ Last edited by Nikkiplane at 8-17-2010 22:09 ]
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +10 Welcome to the race! 8-18-2010 19:01

I Am In The Race!

count me in tina... [ Last edited by rickman at 8-18-2010 08:07 ]
Recent Ratings

Hi all I'd love to have ago, I'm away for 2 weeks from 25th Aug!!!!!!!!(no computer HEAVEN)will I miss out this time? good luck to all
Recent Ratings

You might get a late start. If you do you can still participate in quizzes but you will not be eligible for the grand prizes but you can still receive plenty of VIP points.

I am in the race! Cheers! Storm
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +10 Welcome to the race :) 8-19-2010 06:06

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea what it entails but it sounds like fun
Well you really don't know what you sign up for do you- this is a crazy race where the aim is to send the answers to the quizzes before other members , obviously if you want to win you have get to the quizzes as soon as they posted and send the answers to win. Unlike normal quizzes these quizes 2-3 day limit depending on last person who submit their answer and that person get eliminated from the race. Edit: After few quizzes there's a pit-stops where racer can rest before next leg starts. I still don't understand U-turn part of this race but i am sure someone will explain it. [ Last edited by bala at 8-19-2010 17:23 ]

Not completely true Bala, You could finish a quiz 1st but if you have the most wrong answered you can be the one who got eliminated and if the person who finishes last has the most right answers they could win. So timing is a small factor.

Reply 17#17 gabsimom's post

Thanks but does that happen often ?

yes

Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

Any more tips before i start the race

65 1234
Thread