Thread
Printable Version

RealPlayer Troubleshooting Guide (Solutions & Tips)

Reply #20 mrtimdillenbeck's post

Okay, this I know for sure, that some people are having a lot trouble playing shows, that have Windows Vista. I don't know how to fix this, but there is a solution, I'll find out. or send someone who knows. Have you tried letting it start playing and then pausing it and letting it load till its almost halfway loaded. Some people have to do this, becasue of there location, internet speed etc. However, it does sound like that it is related to your computer, because you are having problems at the local library too. It could be your location, but I'm guessing it's either Vista or a firewall.

If you are having loading issues, or if your show is stopping part way through and just says "loading (%)", but doesn't load beyond that %. Try changing your connection speeds, you may need to change both "Normal" and "Maximum" speeds.

Go to Tools> Preferences> Connection > Click Test Connection, then lower your normal and maximum speeds by......

Click "Normal" drop down menu & set value at one-or more levels below the speed of your modem (change one-two levels at a time).
Click "Maximum" drop down menu & set the value at either equal to or one-or more levels below your modem speed (change one-two levels at a time).

Always keep you "Maximum" speed at least one level above your "Normal" speed.

Example: If your modem speed value is- Office LAN (10mbps & above). Change values as below....

Normal: DSL/Cable (512 Kbps)

Maximum: DSL/Cable (768 Kbps)

Change to lower speeds if necessary.

As in image below......

This is an image from a Mac computer where is says "Connection Speed", it will say "Normal" on a pc.

After making any changes, close and re-open Real Player for them to take effect!

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 2-17-2010 20:02 ]

Thread