29 12
Thread
Printable Version

Covert Affairs Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 9: Sad Professor

This episode was good, I found it funny how Danielle was trying to follow Annie to work, the scene when Arthur informed everybody that a CIA Agent had been killed was brilliant because of how everybody stood in absolute silence, It was so stupid how Annie was recruited by her professor because that happens in so many spy shows, my favourite scene was near the end when Arthur gave a touching speech before giving Safia a medal, I would say the interaction between Annie & Safia was the reason for me finding this episode boring, I did however love the fact Danielle is growing more suspicious of Annie.

Episode 10: World Leader Pretend

This was in my opinion a great episode to watch, I liked how this episode started with Auggie teaching Annie some hand to hand combat, I thought the scenes of Annie & Shen Yue talking were the best thing about this episode, my favourite scene however had to be of Annie revealing to Danielle that she works for the CIA, I loved the scene of Arthur threatening that state department guy and I also loved the scene of Annie using Auggie's training to stop Xi Pang, I'm really looking forward to seeing where the storyline of Danielle knowing the truth about Annie being a spy goes from here.

Episode 11: The Wake Up Bomb

This was a really good episode, It might just be me but these last few foot chases in Covert Affairs have sucked and the one to start this episode off was no different, the scene when Joan basically told Annie it was OK for her to sleep with the  Latin guy to determine whether he was a threat was brilliant, my favourite scene was of Annie fighting her way free from 3 armed men in a car, I for one think it would be great if Annie ended up moving in with Auggie and making that her new safe house, I have to admit I'm really liking where the Jai storyline has taken us.

Episode 12: Uberlin

This was a very good episode because it was Arthur centred for a change, It was great how this episode started with Annie following Elsa Von Hagen who then made her and asked for a meeting with Arthur, It may just be me but the best thing about this episode was seeing Arthur out in the field, my favourite scene was of Annie talking Arthur into saving Elsa, I loved the sub-plot of Auggie attending a party of sorts to remember one of his fallen friends Billy and meeting his sister Parker in the process, I for one really liked how this episode ended going between 3 different storylines.

Episode 13: A Girl Like You

I have to say this was a very good episode to watch, I liked the reaction by Annie when she found out it was Eyla pretending to be a CIA Agent, I personally thought that the scenes of Annie & Eyla working together was the best thing about this episode, my favourite scene was the hotel shoot-out and fight that took place, I'm actually beginning to like the Jai character again because of his new attitude, I did like the whole Auggie & Parker storyline and it will be interesting to see how it ends, I loved the scene of Auggie informing Joan about his relationship with Parker because of how Joan reacted.

Episode 14: Horse To Water

I really liked this episode but it was also a little boring at times, I liked the intensity shown by Arthur when he called Joan and said that Max Langford was behind the murder of a Russian Asset, I actually found the scene of Auggie & Jai talking over drinks quite interesting, I didn't trust either Grace or Bebe Langford so it was no real surprise that Bebe turned out to be the bad guy, I said in the last episode I started to like Jai's character again well I don't like him now after he stole some of Auggie's operatives, I think we might be getting close to seeing Annie carrying a gun based on how this episode ended.

Episode 15: What's The Frequency, Kenneth?

I thought this was a great episode, I have to say my favourite scene was the very first meeting Annie had with Kenneth but all their other scenes together were just as great, I'm not following the Jai storyline that well but I get the feeling a game changing moment is not far away, I loved James Bond reference that was made in this episode, I liked the Kenneth Martin character mainly because of the fact he was played by Tony Curran from Ultimate Force, I would say the only bad thing about this episode was the fact Auggie & Parker broke up, I have one last thing to say and that is I liked the fact we got a bit more of Annie & Danielle together.

Episode 16: Letter Never Sent

This was a fantastic episode, I loved how this episode started with Auggie in his classic sports car talking with Annie and Jai taking a lie-detecor test, I laughed at the comment Danielle made about her husband's cheating confession, the scene when Arthur said “you could say I'm vulnerable” peeked my attention as to what the Lynx operation was, I thought the storyline of Danielle being mistaken for a Spy and Annie having to save the day and kill for the first time was amazing to watch unfold, my favourite scene was of Auggie giving Jai some advice in the elevator, I was surprised by the path Jai took in front of the inquest, I loved the fact Auggie gave Annie his car and then left for Africa.

just finished watching all 5 seasons and I have to say this show was hit and miss with the storylines, the whole Henry storyline got a bit silly in the end during season 4 but season 5 made up for a average season 4, shame that the show won't be coming back but that is what happens when the show gets bad ratings

29 12
Thread