Thread
Printable Version

Covert Affairs Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I am in the race

Well I love this show and this ep was get. It really show how the CIA recruits people and uses them.

I am in the race

I enjoyed this the first time i watched it

I am in the race

Enjoyed this pilot and will definitely try to find time to watch more. I thought it was pretty clever the way they brought her love interest from the start back into it at the end of the episode and they succeeded in making me interested enough in what his story is to make me want to watch more. I also liked Annie's confidence, I would imagine that's vital in a job like that. I certainly couldn't do that job!

I am in the race

I love this show cause I am curious to what Annie is going to do in the end with Ben
I gives it another dimension.

I am in the race.

I love a show with a strong female lead.   This is the second time I watched the show and it was great.  Auggie is by far my favorite character.  The friendship between Auggie and Annie will be interesting to watch.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

i am in the race

i actually quite like this might watch more lol
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

we are in the race

the plot seems pretty predictable but we agree with munch that strong female leads are fun. it'll probably get a few more viewings before we decide whether or not to keep it.
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I am in the race!

I'm sorry, but I'd rather subscribe to The Unit's portrayal of our covert operatives. It seems like a misguided effort to appeal to the couples demographic. The resulting macho-action/chic-flicy plot might fit best under the catagory of "alternate universe possibilities." God help the USA, if this show is the least bit accurate of the CIA's workplace.

1x09 Fool in the Rain

So with help of Auggie they have now narrowed the leak to 17 people and Annie ignoring her order to stand down from helping Yahya was nice

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

looks like we were right about Jay knowing Ben and what will annie do now she remembered that?
Cause we saw he burning the note, is that because she thinks that Ben didn't write it or because she thinks Ben left her to follow orders?
I hope that the final will give the answers so I really looking forward to it.

Reply 50#50 kellemanske's post

Sorry i just finished race so i didn't time comment on this episode and i think Annie is slowing putting the pieces together in her head

I Can't Quit You Baby

Well nice episode she almost blew the operation when she won $30,000 in crabs but she did save the women and Jay really is a great shot

Reply 52#52 bala's post

yes
This episode shows again that Annie cares and in the next episode Ben is back and we see that he cares too. I had expected a complete different episode for the season final, but the cliffhanger is great especially cause now the show can go many different ways....
I can't wait to see what is going to happen next season, how they are planning to keep things interesting.
But it was predictable who the mole was... I can't believe they haven't figured it out yet.

Reply 53#53 kellemanske's post

i actually figured it out when he threaten the boss about the mole. Still i admire his wife for telling him she was considered a replacement for him.

Reply 52#52 bala's post

Good episode i had a feeling when Annie and the other woman were both on their phones in the park that Annie had been made and the London scenes were pretty good except for some of the number plates

Reply 54#54 bala's post

It was nice to finish the season with Ben back from the cold but the over reaction with the fireworks was funny and the switching of bracelets was to much of a coincidence

Reply 54#54 bala's post

not only that she told him, but that she is going to turn it down while he would have approved her stepping up...

Episode 1: Pilot

This was a very good episode to start the show off with, the scene of Joan & Arthur Campbell arguing during Marriage Counselling was a little funny, I liked how Annie was able to talk her way not only back into the crime scene but also got close enough to retrieve the data, my favourite scene was the car chase Annie was involved in after she noticed a car following her, I was impressed with how Annie gained access to the Morgue but I was more impressed with how Annie & Auggie both told that FBI agent the same story, I would love to know just who the heck Ben Mercer really is.

The thing that stood out about this episode was how good Annie Walker and Auggie Anderson interacted with one another.

Episode 2: Walter's Walk

This episode was slightly better than the season opener in my opinion, I loved the new digs the DPD got, I don't entirely trust the Jai Wilcox character at this very moment in time, my favourite scene was of Auggie giving Annie some fighting lessons that actually helped her once she was is in the field, I kind of saw the twist about James Elliot being a double agent coming I just don't know why, maybe it was because of how long it took him to appear before shooting that guy who was attacking Annie.

The thing I have noticed about the first 2 episodes is that Annie's personal life and work life are being balanced out quite well at the moment.

Episode 3: South Bound Suarez

This was a pretty good episode, I wonder how many more skills Annie has up her sleeve that we have not seen yet, I liked the Diego character because of how he acted, my favourite scene was again of Annie driving a car but this time she was fighting Victor who had a gun pointed at her at the same time, I was surprised how Julia kept going back to Victor even after all he had done, I would love to see an Auggie centred episode soon and I think that he has more than earned the right to be back in the field even though he is blind.

I am not sure who to be more scared of, Ziva from NCIS when she drives or Annie when she drives as they both drive the same way, fast and dangerous.

Thread