Thread
Printable Version

Covert Affairs Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

yes its now added!!

This is a great show. I also have to agree with everyone that Annie is going to find out about the back stabbing the new guy is doing to her and how dirty the job is. She is going to clean house I think.

Reply 22#22 carlorica's post

she has no idea she being set up as bait

so happy this show was added to VIP!!! I'm really enjoying this show. But really how did Annie not turn around and see Ben???? Way to not pay attention to whats going on around you.  I understand why she has no clue she's the bait the CIA is using to lure Ben but he was 10 feet away from her.  She didn't even notice when Jai took off after Ben (great foot chase).  Poorly written portion of a good episode.  I do wish they would hurry up and give us more info on Ben or bring Oded Fehr back (LOOOVE him!! & his episode) can't wait till next week!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Quote:
But really how did Annie not turn around and see Ben???? Way to not pay attention to whats going on around you.
Remember she's not full trained CIA Agent she only had 2-3 months experience unlike Jay who has many years. Also you need remember she focus on that guy with gun.. She was focus on her target

Reply 25#25 bala's post

Trained or not... Ben had already shot the bad guy so Bennett from ER wasn't about to shoot anyone.  And since i have no CIA training and can still hear someone walking up behind me let alone running i think the writers should have had her doing something other than just looking in the other direction.  Just saying.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 26#26 kwargalla's post

i suppose your partly right but your watching it from audience perspective not from Annie perspective. She knew Jay had her back which meant she didn't need check what was behind her.

Houses of the Holy

Another great episode and Annie really had learn a hard lesson but she still manages help that women save her life.

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Annie being worried that her brother-in-law, Michael is cheating on Danielle but she finds out he had lost his job and was trying to get a new job before Danielle finds out. Annie in the boat shed was great and a bit more realistic because of how hard it was to take him out

Just caught up on all episodes. Loving this show a lot!

Kim, I completely agree. But I suppose, as my Dad says, "It's just TV" - I guess she can't see Ben yet, but I agree that it doesn't line up properly from how she normally is so aware and alert!

Communication Breakdown

Well Auggie finally get some action in this show and wow didn't see that coming he is running a secret ops and when Annie found out she thought he was the leak.

Reply 31#31 bala's post

It should of been Natasha that saved Auggie with the attempted hit and run but it was nice to see him get some action. Auggie reaction to getting his face slapped by Natasha was amusing

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

She didn't know he was blind

Reply 33#33 bala's post

That's what made it amusing when he said i should of see that coming

1x08 What Is and What Should Never Be

Interesting episode, but it's a shame that Annie is the bait to get to Ben and the anchor on the head must of hurt

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

yes, but now she knows and so does he.
I'm curious what role the son of the former director plays (forgot his name).
Is he seriously in love with Annie or is he just using her to get to Ben, cause that is his initial mission (I think).
And I still believe that Annie is eventually going to side with Ben, especially when they keep using her as bait and if she finds out that she can't trust as many people as she thought.
Only Auggie seems to be honest to her and but he doesn't seem to know who Ben is..

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

it was a good episode but at least she knows which is the important thing

i am in the race

Well this was nice opening episode but do we really need another spy drama ?

what do you think racers ?

Reply 38#38 bala's post

I am in the race

I agree bala, I am not a huge fan of cop/espionage shows.  At least it isn't another C.S.I.  

I am in the race

hmm, the pilot hasn't really hooked me, I might give it another episode or two, but the cast is just so boring. Plus, and I know this is nitpicky, but it slightly ticks me off (and this goes for almost every show) when they don't take the five minutes to actually practice the pronunciation of the languages they're supposed to be so proficient in.

[ Last edited by Mnemosyne at 9-4-2010 06:37 ]

Thread