Thread
Printable Version

Rizzoli & Isles Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

So I just watched the entire first season.
To start with the pilot: it wasn't quite what I expected. It was nothing like the other pilots I've seen. They just put it all out there from the beginning, no introducing, that is coming later. I loved it.
Also the fact that the killer comes back troughout the season is good, but I just hope they don't overdo it cause how many times can a killer go after the one that got away from in prison or how many times can he break out, and how many times can you escape a killing.
Then everything inbetween the pilot and the final was great and I loved watching it. I love the tension between the new and the old partner, the pieces from her past that keep coming back and the differences between Isles and Rizzoli that keep coming up. Although it wasn't very believeble that in non of the episodes Isles wanted to guess and then in one of the episodes she suddenly started guessing a lot...
Then the season final: it was a great ending with the chief being questioned, the guys being out of range, the brother being shot, the other brother that no one knew about (only strange that he was introduced so late) and I loved the rescue and Isles trick with the walki, oh and offcourse the ending with Rizzoli shooting the dirty cop through herself because everyone else was going to let him get away to save her.
Can't wait to see how this is going to end, what a cliffhanger.
When is the next season starting?

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

you're right, it was a bit predictable. But this is the second time they have moira preforming surgery and I'm wondering if there is a reason for that. It's just a bit increadible that she would be able to pull it off that nicely without having it done more then once. And allthough the mother was technically death and this was somehow within her job description, it was just a bit too much for me.

Reply 29#29 arksongbird80's post

I  like that the brother explained how Paddy had standards and that that's why he got the power.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

but the proscecuter being responsible was a surprise and  i knew the tier would come back

Wow!! That was one hell of a season final!!

Curious how injured agent Dean is. And saw it coming that Maura would be mad. Hopefully she will see that Rizolli had no choice. I first thought that Maura's mother was also her biological mother. But now it seems like her moms name is Hope.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

no she didn't. She reacted as a cop and saved a life. Thereby shooting a criminal. The fact that that criminal is Maura's father is unfortunate, but that doesn't mean she betrayed Maura or there friendship. And she did go to Patty immediatly after Maura, thereby leaving Dean wounded and for the others to take care off.

I think that Dean was there to help Rizolli, protect her, I don't know, but I don't think he was going after Patty after promising not to.

[ Last edited by kellemanske at 12-27-2011 17:25 ]

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

I agree. He shouldn't have shot at the cops. That wasn't to protect Maura anymore...

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I loved the premier, it was a great way to finish the previous episode and to start of the season.

Casey returning was nice. I knew there was a reason why he didn't want Jane in his life, but I feel sorry for him. I think he's underestimating Jane as to being able to cope with it.
The life death guy was funny and Maura being caught by Jane's brother was lucky.
The case was actually pretty cool cause of the CI's and all. Loved it.
The killer was no surprise though.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I understand why, but I still think Jane would have been able to handle it.

It's good they found out the truth, but the reaction was too bad for Maura and finding the frame in the bathroom was predictable.

I actually didn't like this episode at all. With all the medical examinators and then the delusional guy and lydia all in 1 episode, it was just a bit too much over the top for me.

I don't mind that Lydia is gone, she was really working on my nerves with the stereotypical behaviour and mother and all.

Reply 36#36 bala's post

I agree on this. It wasn't the best episode. And the ending was a bit over the top. Mrs Rizzolli trying to make him jealous was getting on my nerves.

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

What  a great episode.
Wonder if Casey is going to make the right choise.
And Frost's confession to Tommy would make for an interesting storyline if Casey gets cut.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I actually wasn't a fan of this episode. I didn't remember where the previous one had stopped and that made this one a lot less interesting.
Also, it was so obvious who was the wife... I know she had an alibi, but they made it very obvious there couldn't be anyone else (very unbelieveble since he was a proscecutor, but oh well).  I liked the sidestories best in this episode.
I am curious what the rest of the season will bring.

5x17 & 5x18

Well hmm,
I don't really see why they put these two back to back as there was not really a connection.
If I saw right this was a season final and it really didn't feel like that.
So sad for Maura, but it's not like the guy had a big role in the series so I won't miss him.

Reply 242#242 bala's post

agreed! she was great!

Reply 245#245 bala's post

it has to be connected to the kid...

Reply 247#247 bala's post

no idea, but it just seems odd since there hadn't been any other bad guy arc that this could have been related to, as far as I remember..
Followed her?

Thread