Thread
Printable Version

Rizzoli & Isles Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 40#40 sanggye's post

Agreed.   It was my first time watching too, and I quite liked it.  It's nice having 2 strong female leads in a drama.  The story was good, and I am hoping it just gets better.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 42#42 Mnemosyne's post

It's not so much the genre I'm a fan of, I just liked the interaction of the main characters, and would imagine as the season progressed that the relationships between them & other characters (like Rizzoli's family & other cops, etc) would get fleshed out more.  I like that it's not just a procedural, but has stories for the characters too.  I find that a lot more interesting. It reminded me a LITTLE of Crossing Jordan in that respect.

I'm definitely more about the characters & storylines, so if a show has those and are ones I can relate to or just enjoy, I don't really mind which genre it's in.  I was less likely to give certain shows a chance when I as younger as I DID have a bias against certain genres, but now find that some I scoffed at have become my favourite shows as they told wonderful stories with 3 dimensional characters.

Reply 48#48 sddvasquez's post

LOL!  Just noticed that post sddv.  I LOVED Cagney & Lacey...and I was a teen when that was on!

It's one I'm sticking on my list to check out when other things go on hiatus. Too many new shows starting back up to try & squeeze this one in right now, but I thought it was worth another look.

mrs_h - I agree, though that type of book isn't my usual genre, it has piqued my interest to read them.
You're doing great!  I'm still cheering you on from the sidelines!

Thread