Thread
Printable Version

Rizzoli & Isles Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 10: When The Gun Goes Bang, Bang, Bang

This was the best episode of season 1 by a country mile in my opinion, It might only be me but did this episode remind anybody else of the CSI NY episode when the lap was overrun with an Irish Gang, my favourite scenes were of Isles treating a seriously wounded Frankie Jr while under extreme pressure, I never saw the twist about Bobby being a dirty cop coming, I swear my jaw hit the floor when Rizzoli shot herself to kill Bobby but the way it was done in slow motion was awesome. It was a nice surprise to learn Rizzoli & Frankie Jr have a brother called Tommy who has been in prison.  

I cant wait to see the result of the cliff hanger in season 2.

So I just watched the entire first season.
To start with the pilot: it wasn't quite what I expected. It was nothing like the other pilots I've seen. They just put it all out there from the beginning, no introducing, that is coming later. I loved it.
Also the fact that the killer comes back troughout the season is good, but I just hope they don't overdo it cause how many times can a killer go after the one that got away from in prison or how many times can he break out, and how many times can you escape a killing.
Then everything inbetween the pilot and the final was great and I loved watching it. I love the tension between the new and the old partner, the pieces from her past that keep coming back and the differences between Isles and Rizzoli that keep coming up. Although it wasn't very believeble that in non of the episodes Isles wanted to guess and then in one of the episodes she suddenly started guessing a lot...
Then the season final: it was a great ending with the chief being questioned, the guys being out of range, the brother being shot, the other brother that no one knew about (only strange that he was introduced so late) and I loved the rescue and Isles trick with the walki, oh and offcourse the ending with Rizzoli shooting the dirty cop through herself because everyone else was going to let him get away to save her.
Can't wait to see how this is going to end, what a cliffhanger.
When is the next season starting?

Reply 62#62 kellemanske's post

I would take a guess at June or July

Reply 63#63 spratt89's post

we have enough shows keep us busy until than

Rizzoli & Isles Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiers July 11, 2011

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

Reply 1#1 spratt89's post

After re-watching all the season finales of today's returning shows this is the one i am looking forward to the most

Image for VIP

A possible image for VIP

2x01 We Don't Need Another Hero

I had a feeling something would happen to the other hero, Abby but the explosion was a shock and such a waste on her last day of service, nice take down by grabbing his hand and the grenade by Jane and her old high-school flame, Sgt. Major Casey Jones

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Trust her mum walk in  

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Shame about the divorce, but her dad is being a butt head.  Blah.

I liked the opening and I really enjoyed how Maura dated the doc and when he completely insulted her she just blew him off.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Living Proof

Wow what a way ruin a mud bath . Nice saving the baby but i figure more than one set parents asking for the baby it was rather predictable. Rizzoli mother is going drive her up the wall i mean painting sample on her wall-it's her apartment what right does she have come in paint samples on her wall i know she's her mother but she grown women . It's not her house it's her daughter

Reply 7#7 bala's post

That nurse had a great plan to get the baby by even faking her own pregnancy but as soon as Jane asked to see the record i thought she was some how responsible

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

you're right, it was a bit predictable. But this is the second time they have moira preforming surgery and I'm wondering if there is a reason for that. It's just a bit increadible that she would be able to pull it off that nicely without having it done more then once. And allthough the mother was technically death and this was somehow within her job description, it was just a bit too much for me.

Sailor Man

Spoiler's (for those who didn't get to see it on tv)

I really like this show, it think that Jane's & Mora's personalities really compliment each other, and it's not a friendship that you would expect to form, but I find their chemistry hilarious. That mechanic (can't recall his name), was so funny in this episode, how gross to want to lick her face. She should have taken Jane's advise, but I loved how they got rid of him.
I suspected that it might not be a sailor (after seeing him come out of the elevator), but one dressed as one. Those kind of crimes are just the cruelest. I loved how Frankie, got him while still following Jane's order not to leave the car.  
I do hope they bring back Charles Hoyt aka "The Surgeon" (played by Michael Massee), I just love him and he definitely gives the show a certain creep factor as he always does with the roles he plays.

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 7-26-2011 09:05 ]

Reply 10#10 gypsiegirl66's post

Yes i really liked the way she got rid of the mechanic but it took him a while to pick up what they were hinting, i also liked it how Frankie got the guy using the car.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I think Janes Mother is going to take over the cafe at some point.  Take it away from Natzi Stan.  She'll make better food and have a job she really likes.

The bff thing was FUNNY!!!  Loved it.  They have great chemistry.  

**Angie Harmon just moved her family to my area.  Kinda neat.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

Maura and Jane being LLBFF's was priceless but it took a while for the penny too drop and Jane's brother doing as he was told about not getting out the car was amusing

Rizzoli & Isles 2x04

Well i am glad they got girl back but it was average episode so glad it didn't end like the closer episode

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I thought it was one of the best episodes so far.  Lots of emotion without all the character baggage.

TNT Renews 'Rizzoli & Isles' For 3rd Season

TNT has booked its blockbuster series Rizzoli & Isles for a third season. The record-breaking drama – from Warner Horizon Television and starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander – is in the midst of a terrific second season that has it running neck-and-neck with The Closer as this year’s top basic cable series. TNT has ordered 15 episodes of Rizzoli & Isles for its third season, which is slated to launch in summer 2012. The show’s second season will continue airing Monday nights at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) through Sept. 12. Rizzoli & Isles will return to wrap up its second season with new episodes in November and December.

Rizzoli & Isles launched this summer with 8.6 million viewers, joining The Closer and Falling Skies in giving TNT three premieres with at least 8.0 million viewers, the first time a cable network has ever achieved that level of success. The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles are currently basic cable’s top two series for the year-to-date, with Falling Skies ranking as the top new series.

“This summer, Rizzoli & Isles has proven that last year’s record-breaking ratings were just the beginning of this show’s remarkable track record,” said Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “With a terrific cast, a top-notch production team and the kind of stories TNT fans crave, Rizzoli & Isles is poised to continue its success alongside blockbuster TNT series like The Closer and Falling Skies.”

Based on characters created by best-selling crime novelist Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles stars Angie Harmon as Jane Rizzoli, a tough-as-nails Boston police detective, and Sasha Alexander as Maura Isles, a smart, impeccably dressed medical examiner from a privileged background. Despite being complete opposites, the two women share an offbeat chemistry and strong working relationship that has helped them bust some of Boston’s most notorious criminals. Lorraine Bracco co-stars as Jane’s demanding and intrusive mother. Rizzoli & Isles also stars Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill and Jordan Bridges.

Rizzoli & Isles was developed for television by Janet Tamaro and is produced by Warner Horizon Television, Tamaro’s Hurdler Productions and Bill Haber’s Ostar Productions. Tamaro and Haber serve as executive producers for the second season, along with Joel Fields and Michael Zinberg. Michael M. Robin serves as a consulting producer.

Source

Thread