Thread
Printable Version

Rizzoli & Isles Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 40#40 sanggye's post

Agreed.   It was my first time watching too, and I quite liked it.  It's nice having 2 strong female leads in a drama.  The story was good, and I am hoping it just gets better.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I am in the race

1x01 I thought it was pretty generic, but I'm not a big fan of the genre anyway.

Reply 42#42 Mnemosyne's post

It's not so much the genre I'm a fan of, I just liked the interaction of the main characters, and would imagine as the season progressed that the relationships between them & other characters (like Rizzoli's family & other cops, etc) would get fleshed out more.  I like that it's not just a procedural, but has stories for the characters too.  I find that a lot more interesting. It reminded me a LITTLE of Crossing Jordan in that respect.

I'm definitely more about the characters & storylines, so if a show has those and are ones I can relate to or just enjoy, I don't really mind which genre it's in.  I was less likely to give certain shows a chance when I as younger as I DID have a bias against certain genres, but now find that some I scoffed at have become my favourite shows as they told wonderful stories with 3 dimensional characters.

Reply 43#43 waterlilybarb's post

it'll probably get better, pilots are rarely very good and I usually give new shows the benefit of the doubt, but with cop shows for me it's just the same over and over again. They find a body, they find the killer. Every week. Even if the main characters are interesting, it's really the genre that keeps me from watching these shows.

I am in the race

I am in the race

This was one of the better new shows

I love this show.  I love all of Tess Gerristen's books.  Not bad for a tv series based on a book - of course  I love the actresses so am willing to forgive differences from the show to the book.   

I am in the race
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

i am in the race

i actually wanted to watch this ever since i saw the trailer on here but never got the chance. i thought it was really good it quite quirky and funny lol.
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

we're in the race

we'd watch another episode but cagney & lacey isn't really our style
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Racing to the finish

Still trying to watch all the race shows and do the quizzes and I liked this one. It's one I may well come back to but I do agree that it's a genre that is a bit too samey! Kind of makes me want to read the books though.

Reply 48#48 sddvasquez's post

LOL!  Just noticed that post sddv.  I LOVED Cagney & Lacey...and I was a teen when that was on!

It's one I'm sticking on my list to check out when other things go on hiatus. Too many new shows starting back up to try & squeeze this one in right now, but I thought it was worth another look.

mrs_h - I agree, though that type of book isn't my usual genre, it has piqued my interest to read them.
You're doing great!  I'm still cheering you on from the sidelines!

Episode 1: See One, Do One, Teach One

This was a great episode, I found it a little funny how Rizzoli got blamed for getting a bloody nose by her mum Angela even though it was Frankie that caused the bloody nose, I liked the scene of Rizzoli & Isles talking while lying in bed together, I did not agree with Rizzoli about leaving that poor victim in the woods as bait, my favourite scene was of Rizzoli taking down Charles with first a flare then a stun gun and finished off with a gun shot to Charles Hoyt's hand, the ending to this episode with Rizzoli & Isles at Rizzoli's messed up apartment was funny.

Michael Massee did a brilliant job of playing Charles Hoyt whose character creped the hell out of me.

Episode 2: Boston Strangler Redux

I thought this episode was slightly better than the series premiere, I found it funny that Isles was wearing that silly outfit for baseball but flirting over a dead body was a little disturbing, I loved Isles dinner date with Nate because she basically told Nate his going to die soon from a genetic medial disorder, It might only be me but I really dislike the Lt. Joey Grant character because of his general attitude, I did not see that twist coming which was retired cop Kenny Leahy was the copy cat Boston Strangler, I loved how this episode ended because it ended with some light humour.

I have seen allot of cop shows and I don't think I have ever seen anybody like Isles character in the way she dresses and talks.

Episode 3: Sympathy For The Devil

This was a pretty good episode, I may not like the Lt. Joey Grant character but I do like his hate/love relationship with Rizzoli so I find it a shame that Lt. Joey Grant left to take a new job in DC at the end, I would of ran a mile if I found snakes inside of my car, my favourite scene was of Father Osorio Coku / Reginald Perry performing an exorcism which got interrupted by a Molotov cocktail, I did not expect Alicia Senna to be the murderer but then maybe that was just me, I would like to learn a bit more about Barry Frost's character because at the moment all I know is that he pukes when around dead bodies.

I'm not sure but was I the only one who found the case to be a little bit in the freaky department.

Reply 53#53 spratt89's post

Some of the episode in this show are really freaky that episode was one of them

Episode 4: She Works Hard For The Money

This episode was not that much better than the last episode, I found it funny how Isles just dumped those school children all because a murder happened at the University she attended, my favourite scene was of Rizzoli getting Angela her car back from a somewhat evil car dealer, I was glad to see Frost actually help more with the case as the first 3 episodes he has not had that much of an impact, I loved the scene of Rizzoli shooting Lucas Bilton dead because it seemed like the gun shot lifted him off the ground, It was nice of Rizzoli to get Natalie a fully paid scholarship by making a deal with the University Bosses.

I seem to laugh quite allot when Rizzoli has any interaction with her mother Angela.

Episode 5: Money For Nothing

This episode was a vast improvement on the last 2 episodes, I lost a little respect for Isles after what she did at the Fairfield house at the beginning but she gained it back the longer the episode went on, I found the scene of Frost eating Oysters which Vince called Oyster snot a little funny, I liked the ending with Isles trying out a beer for the first time, I love how Barry Frost & Vince Korsak both make fun of one another constantly, It might only of been me but I really wanted to hit Robert Colburn's character up until the point when he helped Rizzoli out.

Episode 6: I Kissed A Girl

I thought this was a really good episode, I could not help but find the scene of Rizzoli taking a Yoga class with Isles a little funny, I was gob smacked when Isles pulled out a shaving kit from her purse when Rizzoli said “I have not shaven my legs” while on a double date with 2 guys from the Yoga class, my favourite scene was when Frost took down the extremely strong Roy character with a choke hold, the scene of Rizzoli & Isles talking in bed was funny at times, I loved the scenes of Rizzoli & Isles undercover at a Gay bar, I liked how this episode diverted us away from the wife being the killer but in the end it turns out the wife was the killer.

Episode 7: Born To Run

This was a fantastic episode to watch, I am always amazed as to the somewhat strange things Isles wears when she is not working, I loved the reaction by Isles when Rizzoli informed her she has to perform an autopsy in the field, I felt bad for those 2 victims up until the point we learned they raped a 15 year old girl and recorded it, my favourite scene was of Rizzoli & Frankie  Jr chasing and stopping Courtney before she kills her last target Jim, I had a big smile on my face when Rizzoli arrested Jim too, I really liked the ending to this episode with Rizzoli & Isles finishing the marathon hours after everybody else.

I might be the only person but I loved the Quinn character.

Episode 8: I'm Your Boogie Man

This an excellent episode, I have to agree with Rizzoli when she said Isles looked like a Bad Ass while holding a loaded gun, my favourite scene was of Isles talking with Charles Hoyt, It was really good to see Agent Gabriel Dean again and I hope he returns at some point, I never saw the twist coming with Lola turning out to be the secret Hoyt parter but it was brave of Frankie Jr to grab the gun but I feel bad for Frankie because he had to kill somebody for the first time, I swear Charles Hoyt's character makes my skin crawl, I wonder if there is anything Isles does not know because she knows how to read somebody’s face like Cal Lightman from Lie To Me.

Episode 9: The Beast In Me

This was a really good episode, I might be the only person but for some reason I like the Big Mo character, I was not happy about learning Isles father was an Irish Mob Boss aka a criminal as it resembles Brennan from Bones whose dad was/is a criminal, I found it quite touching to learn Patrick kept an eye on Isles her entire life even though his a wanted man, I'm not sure we will find out who tipped Patrick off but I would of tipped him off if it was to protect my family, my favourite scene from this episode was of Rizzoli, Isles & Frankie Jr help Frankie Sr on a plumbing job at the Dirty Robber.

Thread