Thread
Printable Version

Make It or Break It Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Racing to the finish

I absolutely loved this show - it's gone right up near the top of my to be watched list. I think I liked it because it's so different to the shows I usually watch. I wouldn't normally watch a show about a sport but I really like watching the gymnastics in the olympics and with this you get to see some of that in with the drama. I also like the characters and it must have been well written as I nearly cried myself when Emily was talking to her mum after she fell. Thanks for including this in the race!

Watched the second episode of this and I think it was great the way they went and stood up to Marty and Lauren and I hope the end scene means that Lauren realised how awfully she behaved as it cost her her friends. Am liking Peyson's determination.

Still watching and the episode at nationals made me cry, more than once!

Surely that can't be the end for Emily's gymnastics?? It would suck if she was not part of it after she worked so hard, plus she still needs to believe in herself, they can't just send her away to have the baby thinking she's not good enough. I shouldn't have caught up with this as now it's bugging me that I can't watch the next one having watched several in a row!

If they bring her back after actually having a baby then I think it's the writers who don't get it, she wouldn't be able to go back after that. I suppose she might change her mind though, or lose the baby.

Just watched this episode and I do think we may have seen Kelly Parker's nicer side. I think she'll still try to ruin Kaylie's chances with that diary (which really sucks after Kaylie was so nice to her) but we can see now that what she does and the way she acts is to please her mother and not necessarily the real Kelly Parker.
Kaylie, for me, is the most genuinely nice character on the show so I really hope the writers give her a break now and she gets back to her winning form!

Most of the time I guess but I think she tries to force her standards on others and is a little judgemental. I think Kaylie is more inclined to accept people for how they are. Not sure Peyson would have invited Kelly Parker to her house after everything that she's done.

Good ending that they got over their issues and that they won but I have some problems with it too.
I think Kaylie acted out of character over the diary, she was really harsh on Kelly which is a side to her we haven't seen before and I'm not sure it was very 'real.' I was expecting Kelly to turn round and say she'd made a copy and decided to out her after all for being so mean! I am glad that Kaylie got to admit it for herself though.
As for Emily, yes she was annoying but it was so wrong that she was not there with them after they'd been through it all together - I really don't get why they bothered bringing her in at the beginning as the new girl at the Rock who they were a little unsure of and grew to like in the end if they were just going to get rid of her the way they did, and Chloe was a great character too, without the two of them the whole show lacks something. There was room for both Kelly and Emily in my opinion and I think it's a real shame if that's the last of the Kmetko's in the show.
Finally, I think that Peyson's fall and injury was a little too 'been there, done that.' I'm sure there were other ways they could have made a star out of Kaylie without having to resort to that old trick again.

Thread