Thread
Printable Version

Rookie Blue Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

I really enjoyed the show.  I pretty much like all cop shows.  The character introduction in "Fresh Paint" was good but really only concentrated on 2 of the characters.  Hopefully we will get more insight into the other characters as the season progresses.

I am in the race.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

I'm usually not a big fan of cop shows, but I quite like this one, I just wish they wouldn't focus so much on Andy, her character is the most boring of the lot, btw wasn't she Andy in Reaper as well?

I am in the race

Reply 42#42 Mnemosyne's post

Yes she was

To Serve or Protect

Seriously leaving your car key in a squad car but I am glad he turn out to be a nice guy and wasn't a dangerous person. Andy feared her dad was responsible when it turn out to be his wife of that guy. I am glad Andy's father is getting the help he needs.  

[ Last edited by bala at 9-3-2010 08:00 ]

Reply 42#42 Mnemosyne's post

As long as it doesn't start felling like every other cop show out there, it should be fine.  Keep the humor in it.

I am in the race

Reply 44#44 bala's post

The super hero was amusing and turning a blind eye on him accessing the police computer was the right thing to do and thanks to the traffic camera to confirm Andy was right about her father.

In Blue

Well this was good episode but i am annoyed they keep on focusing on Andi. Her day was bad but i am glad the mother didn't shoot herself. it was great pre-nuilimate episode.

Takedown

Chris and Gale getting trapped in that warehouse and Chris get stabbed was really good story-line it took focus away from Andi but she really make a risky move walk out when a gun was pointed on her but she did save him.

Overall this hasn't been a bad show to watch it nice way end the first season.

Reply 47#47 bala's post

I'm surprised they told the mother and sister about the pregnancy on the word of the boyfriend without medical evidence and checking the phones for evidence was a good idea

Reply 48#48 bala's post

Gale and Chris's storyline was a great way to take the focus away from Andi but overall a great season and a nice way to end with the rookie's on a high

so I've watched every episode last night and I have to say it was a lot better then I had anticipated. I wasn't going to watch this but it started on our tv and I just couldn't wait to see how things would go.
About episode 10: bala, you write that McNally shouldn't trust people so easily, but she actually has trust issues. But finding out the witness was actually the shooter was great and Sam saving Mcnally was nice save.
the D being to proud to go to the DA was funny and when he finally did they found the mistake, so it's good he did.
About to serve or protect: It was a great episode with mcnally hiding that her father was involved from her boyfriend and Sam finding out that her father didn't do it, just when she starts to believe that he did was great. Plus this episode shows once again how much Sam cares about her. And I loved all the cops taking pictures from the 2 rookies with the superhero when the came into the barn.
About In Blue: I liked this episode. I think it's great that they showed what this job can do to you and that they didn't minimalize what happened. This episode showed the hard part of the job and the chief really said the right things to make andy reconsider about giving up. Her father switching meetings without telling her was a nice sidestory.
I don't really mind that they focus on McNally cause I like her and I love the drama with the D and Swarek. But they could work out the other chars beter next season and maybe make the focus more universal. Though they have already show a lot of stuff about the others too. I think that the focus is a bit because of the kind of show.
Season final: I really loved this episode with mcNally endangering herself to save Swarek, that took balls, but great that she recognised the fear from her first day in the guy. The rookies now being part of the biggest drug bust in history of 15th was nice, but then still being called rookies right after they said they had deserved there spot in the team was great. I thought that the D would make a bigger deal about Andy going undercover as Swareks girl, but Swarek helping Andy and the D get back together was nice (and also the second time he did that, what I think is really nice since he's actually in love with her).
I had expected Andy and Swarek to be together before the end of this season and if he hadn't been her TO it might have happened, but because earlier in the season she decided not to date the wrong guys anymore she let him go and choose the D. I think that Swarek understands her better and they have great chemistry, but I like that the D is very trustwurdy and maybe that's exactly what she needs after the life she has had.
About the Gail and Chris thing: I hated it that she let him fall when he reported the partner of her brother. the made great points the next episode, but she still didn't give in and maybe that's just gail and maybe she can't disappoint her family and especially her brother, but I think that she should at least try to forgive him. But then in the season final he got stabbed and she was really worried, I kind of saw it coming that by the end of the epi they would be back together.
About the other female rookie with the kid (forgot her name) and the D: I love that he didn't let her fall when he found out that she had a kid and I love that he tries to help her, but when her ex shows up and she dumps him, It was kind of sad. I understand that she needed to try to be a family for her son, but it's obvious that she isn't happy and especially not behind a desk, so it was great that the D noticed that in the final epi and I think they might come back together next season.
About the dancer and the rookie: I loved that she broke up with him and not the other way around, but I think it's great that this rookie who has always been bragging about the amount of girl he was with last night and so on, that he was committed to her and all. Plus being put on a chair, being babysat by the other rookie, not allowed to use the computer or the phone was funny.
I'm curious about the next season but I'm curious as to what they are going to do if they get more then two/three seasons. Just bring in new rookies?

oh and Gail being afraid to talk to the people at her mothers lifetime achievement award was funny and being 'sick at home' so she wouldn't have to do it was a typical sollution.
The female copper who was getting shots to get pregnant, I really like her and I think it's great that she found a confendant in the mother rookie, but at the end not wanting to get pregnant anymore as a single cop I think that was very sudden and I don't know what I thought about that, but I kind of think there is going to blossom something between her and the cop who got shot a few epi's earlier. Plus I loved that she won the fight competition against the D's.

Rookie Blue Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

Image for VIP

A possible image for VIP

that was an interesting season opener. Andy getting shot, the new detective and Sam transfering (or not)
But at the end it looks like Sam might be staying for Andy and the new detective might be staying for the detective. So maybe by the end of the season we have a partner switch.
Gail finding out about Dove's brother, I wonder what that tone in her voice meant when she asked her boyfriend about it. It could have just been empathy, but it might also be more then that and I hope it's not cause that could break a great friendship.
About Andy, I think her boyfriend doesn't understand her as well as Sam and I really like Sam. But I really hopes she makes it work with the detective, cause he is good for her and he has less chance of getting himself killed then Sam. But I hope she won't become jealous of the new detective either because she hooks up with Sam or because of her past with her boy. Cause then she might screw up a good thing.

2x01 Butterflies

Great returning episode, i had a feeling the coat was significant when the button fell to the floor and how tragic for Kate and her family, solving the murder so quickly it meant she didn't die for nothing

Great opening episode. Loved the effect when Andy was shot!! Yeh, I thought the coat was the friends too Jim.

Reply 5#5 shinny's post

Yes i agree this great season opener and i like Andy saved the guy using a beat stick  

look like Andy has a competition for her boyfriend.

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

you do realise that the old title

Reply 7#7 bala's post

At the end of last season they were no longer rookie so in hindsight they are now coppers

Thread