Thread
Printable Version

The Gates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Gates Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Nestled inside a private mountain community are The Gates. The image of perpetual suburban bliss, each street is lined with perfectly manicured homes protected by the massive iron gates, but a dark and delicious secret is buried just beneath the surface of this picturesque neighborhood.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-gates

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 16:54 ]

1x01 Pilot

The Monohan family move into their new home in The Gates, an exclusive community of perfectly manicured lawns and friendly neighbors. But things grow complicated when Nick Monohan, the new Chief of Police, has to investigate those neighbors in a missing persons case during his first day on the job. Claire and Dylan Radcliff fight to hide not only their involvement in Nick's case, but their rather unusual family secret. Meanwhile, Charlie Monohan tries to adjust to his new school, finding a friend in the beautiful but unavailable Andie Bates. Just when his family is finally settling in, Nick's world is rocked by a late-night caller with some terrible news

Reply 5#5 bala's post

It does look like their all hiding secrets and with Andie being a Succubus how many different creatures are behind the gates

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Claire and Dylan Radcliff are vampire - Brett Crezski who is Andie's boyfriend and is a werewolf  along with Lukas Ford - Andie Bates has the same succubus traits as her mother - Peg Mueller and  Devon are witches

1x03 Breach

Interesting episode, i wonder what Leigh is hiding but was lucky to get her box back with the burglar paying the ultimate price and the wolf pack was lucky after the lock down

1x04 The Monster Within

Good episode with Teresa going after Nick and his family for what he did to her brother but was saved by Dylan which should be interesting to see what happens next

Reply 14#14 bala's post

Marcus not being able to stop snooping around until he has the right answers that he wants was great but the video evidence in the safe should be interesting because at the moment no one else knows and by the look of all the other names he's got dirt on most of them

Reply 17#17 bala's post

If only Andie knew the truth about her mother she might of taken the medicine before kissing Charlie

Reply 20#20 bala's post

I think it was going to be obvious if Buckley tried to use the video to blackmail Nick and Dylan that they would try and search out some dirt on him to even the odds. Things getting a little wet at the pool party was funny

Reply 24#24 bala's post

I think it was obvious the the son was responsible because of the way his father treated his mother

Reply 27#27 bala's post

That was a neat trick with the flash drive and he did warn her he couldn't protect her once he gave her the real flash drive

The first 8 episodes has now been added to VIP

1x10 Little Girl Lost

Wow the truth about Emily parents was a surprise, i hope she never finds out the truth and now Brett has to face the realities of his relationship with Andie after Charlie was told

I am in the race

I should of paid more attention to this the first time round, Emily being adopted was mentioned at the start and shouldn't of been a surprise in episode 10

1x11 Surfacing

Sarah finding the necklace after Nick thrown it away was interesting but being possessed after Nick saved Charlie and Leigh coming back without a scratch after getting shot was great

Reply 43#43 bala's post

That was a bold move by Devon to poison Frank so when Vanessa tried to turn him it would kill her which then drove him to suicide

Reply 44#44 bala's post

Devon going back to the Monohans to try and save Charlie was brave and stupid but what as she done to him and the closing line was great

Reply 48#48 bala's post

Yes with Charlie and his new powers next season is a must but Devon must of done that to protect herself

Reply 48#48 bala's post

I don't know if this is right but according to tvrage this has been canceled
http://www.tvrage.com/The_Gates

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-gates-cancelled-18793/

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-23-2011 15:03 ]

Thread