Thread
Printable Version

New Shows Added to VIPtv

Reply 280#280 bala's post

I would like the new shows to have their own forums......
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

New shows added in March were the last to get their own forums

Bala and all, there is nothing preventing anyone from sharing their opinion. A thread, for the show, can be set up in the genre folder (or free chatting) and people are free to discuss the show here. In fact, friendvista is the only site I know that allows individual forums be set up for different shows. Most have a generic forum and threads are started for each new show. In some other sites it's a very rare occasion that a show will get it's own independent forum. The reason I am stating that is as a result of friendvista kindly allowing us to have multiple show forums, there is quite a lot of maintenance. It's not that straightforward. Code has to be written within code that already exists to create these forums. With the new season about to come upon us, it is simply not a priority for our admin team (because it is not stopping anyone from discussing the show as stated above). That said, I will try to find out from LBJ when they estimate the new forums will be added. [ Last edited by shinny at 9-10-2011 12:08 ]

Reply 283#283 shinny's post

Thank you for your response but it's very messy if you go drama forum and bottom we have find that particular thread the search function doesn't work for multiple searches we have to wait a minutes to do another search and i find that it time consuming off putting. Add your forum isn't difficult the current problem is this forum has run out of space which was why downsizing happen but it looked like it's been abandon half way through. I perfectly understand it takes maintenance but they had no problem in the past plus isn't it your responsibility (Moderators) maintaining the forums. I am not saying it's your one but the whole mod team to maintain the forums isn't that what your suppose doing?. I understand some you have full time job and other personal matters to deal with it but your are a team so sort it out between yourself.
Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 7-17-2011 13:30 Alot of times I don't write on a forum because I can't find it. I won't put 3-4 min into looking for it. If I can't find it in the first couple sweeps, then forget it.
The difficult of find a particular topic is preventing members from sharing their opinion apart from free chatting most members have mention to me the reason why they don't post on the forum is because it's difficult to navigate. Please understand that i only expressing my view in best way possible way and hope you don't consider as an attack against the moderator

1) Agree on the point about the search restriction, I'm not sure why we have to wait 30 seconds (not minutes) and this is something we can probably raise with the admin team 2) Mods cannot add new forums. As explained above this is something only an administrator can do. So it's nothing to do with some of us having full time jobs, we just do not have the ability to create new ones. 3) I also agree with the forum size point and again I think this is something we can raise, but as I indicated above I (personally) feel that we have too many. If the search function worked properly and the forum size was made bigger, it should be enough to have one thread per show and only create a forum for major shows with high volume of usage. But, that's my personal opinion. Like I said, we can raise some of these points with admin but it is not correct to say any of these things are preventing members from posting about their shows. If you have further points to raise on this then please submit them to me by PM. This topic is closed.

Reply 285#285 shinny's post

ok all i ask that you raise these point

Reply 286#286 bala's post

And I have stated already that I will. This Topic is closed for discussion within this thread and any further comments/points should be sent via PM to myself or one of the other moderators.

Reply 288#288 codebreaker's post

FANTASTIC

Awesome

Reply 290#290 spratt89's post

thank you so much. This is fabulous!!

i am a little confused about X factor i thought it pasted 1 season in states ?

Reply 292#292 bala's post

it just started a couple weeks ago. We're into first season.

Homeland on Showtime

Will it be added to Vip shows?

Reply 295#295 karencu's post

You should request it here following the notes in post #1

Realplayer update

Reply 297#297 codebreaker's post

i thought the policy on reality show were last 2 season ?

Reply 297#297 codebreaker's post

that one caught me off guard

Reply 299#299 spratt89's post

And me, not my type of program

Thread