Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

yeppy can't wait........... but i'm still really gonna miss david!! but i promise to give the new guy a chance

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

He wasn't david but he held his own!!  I am sooooooo happy to have DW new season starting!!  I love the small town where everyone knows Amy's name and recognizes the Doctor as her childhood imaginary friend.  And another bride to be... that can spell nothing good but a good season

Reply 9#9 bala's post

i can kinda see where their coming from.  We've had the Shop girl, MD doctor, the secertary, airship hostess and now the kiss-o-gram.  1 out of 5 is a high education job (not saying that retail and office work are lacking jobs) but for a strong female roll the current (circa 2005 - present) doctors companions have been lacking that strength in the beginning of their character development.  By the end of their tenure with the Doctor they are totally strong independant woman.  But i can see where the credics are coming from.  True a kiss-o-gram is not a stripper BUT she does dress up in little sexy outfits and flirt and kiss people for money.  You have to admit that is a sexual profession they have placed this character in .  

Reply 12#12 gabsimom's post

it's never happened but with the doctor never say never.... lol.  In saying that i think it work totally change the dynamic of the show.  Imagine rose meeting the female doctor. that would be interesting.

The Lodger

The Doctor forgets to set the TARDIS controls, leaving Amy trapped inside as she ends up travelling one week into the future, without the Doctor. This leaves the Doctor trapped on Earth as he awaits the return of his TARDIS. Attempting to pass himself off as a normal human, he becomes the lodger of Craig Owens. Then the Doctor learns of a house on Aickerman Road, with a staircase that people go up, but never down...

ok so that is a horrible recap.  but i don't want to ruin anything for you guys.  this episode made my laugh out loud several times. and Craig was priceless!! as a flatmate who gets jealous of the doctor.  This episode is what i concider a filler episode, not the best of the season but a good sunday morning curl-up and laugh kinda one.  The next episode looks fantastic!!  

Thread