Thread
Printable Version

MAC Issues and incorrect charging to my account

MAC Issues and incorrect charging to my account

Hello - i have spent over an hour reading threads on how best to view on a Mac. I am using Snow Leopard and Safari in my 'real' life. Though I downloaded Firefox and Real Player for the VIPTV life. No matter what I do, I cannot view episodes. I have tried several times to view various episoes of The Mentalist. I can see NOTHING from either season. For about 20 seconds, I heard the opening music of the series, but it stopped,and will not load/buffer anymore. I have had multiple points deducted, and would like that corrected. If you go to my viewoing history, you will see that I added a BUNCH of money recently. Ever since then, I have been stymied at every turn....nothing I do (and I am not willing do downgrade to Safari 3, as it would be changing my entire web life for this one experience) works, so please restore all credits and let me know what it working for the macbook pro folks as of late March, 2010, if you could. I saw posts from several months ago, and wonder if you have had any luck in the new year. I adore this site, and want to be able to catch my shows...though the new format will take some getting used to. I know you won't be changing it back, but I can offer my two cents, if you care to hear them. I agree that posting the episodes from the later episodes to the earlier ones, and spreading them on multiple pages is confusing. I also liked the genre labeling, and the old layout in general. But if we can get this to work, I am HAPPY to spend the time getting to know the new digs, so to speak. I appreciate your help with the refunds as well as the technical support. You guys are great, keep it up, and I am sure we can all manage to get it sorted. Cheers, Potterdog
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +15 for your inconvenience. 3-28-2010 12:38
  • dognxtdoor Treasure +25 for your inconvenience. 3-28-2010 12:38

Reply 1#1 potterdog's post

Potter, I wanted to reply so that you know that someone is at least reading this, however, I am a PC man myself and could be of little assistance. That being said there are a couple of the Mods that are using MAC successfully, which I am sure they would be happy to help you with your issue, we will just have to wait for them to see the post. (i will post this in our Moderator section as well for you.) As for your points being returned please copy and paste them into a PM and send it to LBJedward. He is the only one capable of refunding your points. For your trouble I will award you a few forum points which can be converted later in the points conversion thread. I wish there was more I could do for you myself, I just ask that you be patient, and wait for a response from one of our other moderators. Thanks, Dan
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 1#1 potterdog's post

I'm not a Mac user either, but if you're getting the RP pop up, have you tried copying the url and opening your RP and pasting it in the search there. Other than that, we'll have to wait on someone with a Mac to help out.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Hello Pottydog, I am one of the Mod's that is a mac user. Go Mac's Hopefully we can try and figure out what seems to be the glitch. I've got a couple sugguestions, fingers crossed something works. You shouldn't have to change your safari version. I have entered the site via both safari and firefox and I have the newest versions of both. When i was having glitches, I never figured out what the exact problem was but here aresome of the steps I took that seemed to smooth things out. Delete both Firefox & Realplayer off you computer and download them again (the newest version). I'm not sure what server you are using but for a section of time I could ONLY use the US server even though I was in Europe. So you may want to try changing the server you are using. Also you may want to try accessing the site via safari just to see if that works. When trying to sort out any problems always use the Free Viewing shows so you are not losing points while trying these suggestions. Please post and let me know if any of these work and I'll try to think of other options. good luck

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Thread