Thread
Printable Version

Skipping/fast forwarding??

Skipping/fast forwarding??

I hadn't watched anything since summer 09. I started watching Glee 3/23. Some parts seemed to fast forward...at first I thought it was just part of the show, to demonstrate time elapsing...but then I watched Grey's Anatomy and it did the same thing! I did a clean uninstall of real player and then reinstalled it, thinking that might be the problem...but it keeps happening. I'm getting frustrated when I miss dialogue!! Any suggestions?

Reply 1#1 luvszoe's post

it happens to me occasional it doesn't bother me as it only happens few times it during an episode. you can't really do anything about it it just way it was uploaded onto the server.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Thanks for your reply. I''ve never had this particular problem before and thought it was my computer or something...

Reply 3#3 luvszoe's post

i am sorry i couldn't be more help

I believe that it is the result of the adverts being edited out from the show...

Reply 1#1 luvszoe's post

Did you clear out your realplayer history? Also check your connection speeds are correct. I think they were two reasons why it used to happen to me.

hmm I clear my history everytime I close my browser and I have 19MB a second and still happens to me.. I just came to the conclusion that it is where the episodes have had the adverts cut out of them because for me when it normally speeds/skips is where an advert would normally be, I could might be wrong though!!

The problem is with the later versions of realplayer. Uninstall your current version and download version 10.5. This will completely get rid of the skipping. I have had to do this with all my pc's and it has worked every time.

Reply 7#7 collo89's post

While downgrading to RP10.5 is an option (and one we often recommend), I would suggest lowering your personal connection conection speeds in your RP first. Just because you have a fast connection doesn't always equate to how it connects to the site. Often, the lower you set your speed settings, the better it will work. See post #6 in this thread. And if all else fails, go back to RP 10.5
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread