Thread
Printable Version

Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 73#73 bala's post

It was always going to be hard to explain to Max about his Asperger's Syndrome but that was unfortunate about the ride at the fair but not knowing about Max's problem he looked like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum

Reply 77#77 codebreaker's post

Yeah, I definitely think that once you have a kid with Asperger's, you pretty much have to ignore people's reactions to you and their judgments, otherwise you go nuts!

2x19 Taking The Leap

Good episode with Crosby trying his hardest to win Jasmine back by telling the school the nostalgia for their past and when Julia and Joel receive troubling news after a series of medical check ups which was sad

Reply 79#79 codebreaker's post

Yeah after all of that they ended the episode on a sad note but Joel being happy about his swimmers was funny when daughter thought he talking about fish

Reply 80#80 bala's post

Yes the swimmers was funny

A depressing episode! The only thing that seemed to go "right" was Gaby convincing Christina to mainstream Max..and who knows if that'll be positive or not!!

Episode 20x2

Glad Adam and Crosby made up. I have a strange feeling that once they fix up the house, it might actually work in getting Jasmine back.

Was sad for Amber =( And, of course, for Sarah since Amber basically blamed it all on her! I'll bet Sarah's play is now totally filled with angst and going to win awards!

I wonder why we're not seeing any of Drew lately?

Oh, and sex on prom night is TOTALLY cliche - lame one, Haddie!

Oh and little known fact that I just discovered! The actress who plays Amber (Mae Whitman) played Maggie, George Clooney's daughter, in One Fine Day!

Reply 83#83 studiojek's post

I didn't know what make of this episode since i felt that Amber was over react to the whole situation 1000 student go through what she's going not getting a place in college but they figure it out eventually. She needs to look at her options.

Reply 85#85 bala's post

Yes, she did overreact a bit, but that's who she is (not to mention, that's pretty normal for 17-year-old girls!). I think inside she's freaking out because she's not sure who she is. Going to college wouldn't have left her time to think about it, she would've just gone and that'd be that. But now she has to decide what she wants out of life. Not an easy task!

Reply 86#86 studiojek's post

Yes it's quite normal but this type of behaviour i would expect Hatty rather than Amber i always felt that Amber could roll with whatever life throws at her.

2x20 New Plan

Crosby buying the house without asking for advice was risky but Adam coming around and saying we can fix it was nice

Slipping Away

Well Amber is heading for trouble. Crosby is really pulling all the stops and i hope it works. Adam reaction was typical for any father i would feel so upset if she was my daughter but accidental dial there parent in the car was amusing.

Reply 89#89 bala's post

Off all the timing for Haddie to accidentally dial her parents and Amber fighting her mother was bad but the accident was terrible

Reply 90#90 codebreaker's post

Next weeks the season finale

Reply 91#91 bala's post

Ugh, I hate those final car crash scenes, you can see them coming from a mile away and you just want to scream at the screen! I hope Amber's ok =(

Sweet final scene between Haddie and Adam. So, so, so true what Sarah told him, about having to be even more present just when they say they need you the least. Good advice, poor thing that she had to figure it out the hard way.

Hard Times Come Again No More

A very good and emotional season finale i loved if this doesn't get renewed this could act as a series final.

Reply 93#93 bala's post

Yes, very emotional, I liked it for the most part. My only complaint is that they sped through a lot of things, I felt like they shoved a lot of stuff into the episode since it was the finale.

Are they not sure if it's been renewed yet? Oh no!!

Reply 94#94 studiojek's post

Parenthood's executive producer Jason Katims has revealed that he is "cautiously optimistic" that the show will be renewed.

The second season of the NBC series came to a close last night and Katims told TV Line that he hopes the network will decide to order more episodes.

"I'm cautiously optimistic," he said. "We've made the episodes as good as we possibly could. There's nothing we can do except hope for the best."

Katims added that NBC's president Robert Greenblatt is a "supporter" of the show.

"He has been very positive," he said. "The feedback we've been getting from everyone continues to get stronger and stronger, so I think that's a good sign as well. It's all positive, but we just don't know yet."

Source

Reply 95#95 bala's post

My fingers are crossed! I've got a soft spot for this show =)

Thread