Thread
Printable Version

Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

4x13 Small Victories

Victor is coming a real pain in the ass but calling the police for child abuse was going too far and Max greeting his grandparents with hi I have pubic hair was amusing, Amy and Drew learning the hard way about not wearing protection was interesting and sad

Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

I agree, Victor was way out of line, but they also need to do something about Sydney.  She's an absolute brat, and keeps instigating problems so Victor will either lose his temper or get in trouble some other way.  

Max made me laugh.  His non-chalant way of coming out with the most personal details is amusing, but also informative for those not familiar with someone who has Asperger's.  The fact that he seemed very aware of how much information he was ready for struck me.  I do know people with Asperger's, each on varying levels of the spectrum, but not having had overly personal discussions with them (since I was never in such a position), made me think more of some of the extra things parents need to go through when their child has any developmental issue that makes them different.

Amy & Drew just made me sad, and also made me yell at the TV about the plethora of birth control methods available, yet teen pregnancy is still a huge issue, even for bright kids.  I know it has a lot to do with their idea that "it won't happen to me", as I've seen it all too often in real life, but it makes me want to slap them upside the head and remind them that they are not invulnerable to consequences.  UGH!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 38#38 waterlilybarb's post

I don't blame Christina for having second thought about the adoption process but what did she expect a walk in the park i am sure this has happen in a few adoption cases but Joel seem better at handling the situation compared to Christina that because he was stay at home dad for Sidney and has more patient. Yes he is becoming a brat and they need to handle the situation like adults.

With Max i felt bad for Christina because she really embarrassed about Max and trying to convince him to have a bath everyday was amusing. Your right i was surprised at how Max knew what he could take but it lead another thought that he might never have those feeling about girls because he has Asperger might prevent him certainly made his dad a bit sad.

Amy & Drew - I really not sure what to think because it was nice that Drew wanted to step up i know many cases espically teenage boy would be glad if the girl had abortion but fact that he was so upset was heart breaking but the fact when his mother asked he try to hide it but than comes crying to her was so unexpected. I am surprised Drew didn't go to his grandfather since he seem a lot closer to him than his mother?. That's just observation.

Reply 39#39 bala's post

Re: Drew going to his Mom, I think because she had already approached him and was concerned that there was something going on, he knew he could go to her.  Also, since it was after the abortion, he probably had a lot of mixed feelings and was clearly upset, so I think going to his mother was natural.  I know a lot of young men (especially from single parent families) who would go to their mothers in such a situation.  

As for Asperger's, there is such a wide variance on the spectrum of how it affects people, and Max seems on the high end, so I think he will eventually have feelings for girls.  I do know that he will have a harder time understanding them, and also coping with any rejection he might face when that time comes.  I agree though that anything that changes a child's life from what is perceived as "normal" often saddens parents because they don't want their children to get hurt.

I understand that someone might feel they aren't up to the task when things don't go smoothly in an adoption, but this is a child.  It's not like you can return them like you would a pet that is too hard to handle.  I think Joel is handling it better, and I REALLY liked when he talked to Victor and told him that Julia was his wife, and was not to be disrespected.  I remember one of my Uncle's telling me that my Grandpa told his sons the same thing if they started to get disrespectful to my Grandmother, and they were his biological children.  It shows children that the parents support one another and also provides a sense of security in the home, because when a marriage is strong, a split is unlikely.

4x14 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Joel really needs to talk to Julia instead of trying to rush Victor’s adoption but who would of thought Crosby words of wisdom would be the turning point and Renee overstepping her boundaries with Crosby and Jasmine was interesting, Mark trying to win Sarah back is going to be interesting

Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

Joel really want a son is the reason why he rushing it but Julia will just have learn about being patient

4x15 Because You're My Sister

Sarah choosing Hank was sad as he is moving closer to his daughter and Jasmine being pregnant was a nice surprise, Kristina having some good news for a change was a great way to end the season

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

I really hope it comes back for another season.  They haven't heard yet, but there are so many more stories to tell.  I hated that she chose Hank.  It might be that he's played by Ray Romano, and it icks me out to see them as a couple, but I think it's that I really just don't like the character he plays and think she & Mark were really well suited, despite the age difference.  I LOVED that everyone went to the adoption finalization.

Renewed For A 5th Season

Reply 46#46 spratt89's post

Just saw that.  I'm glad.  I like this show and it deserved to be renewed.  I'm even happier that it's renewed for a full season, rather than a short one like last year.

Parenthood Season 5 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 5 Premieres September 26, 2013

Discuss Anything About Season 5 Here

5x01 It Has To Be Now

Adam having to jump out of Crosby’s moving car while the baby slept was amusing especially waking her up by slamming the door and that was a surprise proposal

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Max getting some independence was nice even through he surprised both his parents.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

That WAS amusing, as was Crosby's seeming surprise at how little sleep new parents get. LOL!  I would have thought that being an uncle would have given him a bit of a clue, since he wasn't aware of Jabbar until he was older.

I like seeing Max having some independence, but am not overly thrilled that Ray Romano's character is back.  I like Ray, but didn't care for his character last season.  I really hope they don't put his & Lauren Graham's characters back together romantically.  He DOES seem a good fit as a kind of mentor for Max, and if they leave him like that, I think I wouldn't mind him sticking around.

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-15-2013 16:22 ]

5x02 All Aboard Who's Coming Aboard

Kristina's new assistant, Heather was asking Adam some strange questions and Crosby loosing his temper after being asked to leave the restaurant because of the baby crying was understandable

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-15-2013 16:21 ]

Thread