32 12
Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Actually, as I did last year, I will create weekly discussion threads for each episode.  Once it's time for a new episode, I will merge the weekly discussion threads into this thread.  Not long now people.  Time to start getting excited about the new season.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

4x01: Orientation & 4x02: Jump, Push, Fall **Possible Spoilers**

Alrighty folks...the new season of Heroes begins tonight with the first two episodes of VOLUME 5: Redemption.  This is the thread to discuss them in.  As I did last season, I will merge each week's discussion thread into the season 4 discussion thread prior to the new episode airing.  There will be quizzes for each new episode, so keep your eyes peeled on this forum.

As always...HAPPY VIEWING!   

p.s. I am still quite ill, and will not be able to watch the show tonight, but will get a quiz up ASAP.  Thanks for your understanding.

I only skimmed your comments, as I still haven't felt well enough to watch the episodes.  I'll try either later tonight or (hopefully) tomorrow.  Glad to see some action again though.

I still haven't watched it, but plan to later this evening.  My migraine has finally lifted, so I'm hoping to have a quiz up by tomorrow evening (if not sooner).  Sorry for the delay.  This week has been a misery.

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

I was thinking that too.  She seemed WAY to interested & not creeped out by it at all.  BTW, she played Gracie on The Nanny.

So glad I finally got to watch the show.  I've been wanting to for days, but with no co-operation from my migraine.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, an also agree with Shinny about Robert Knepper being a great addition to the cast - and that the wig has been laid to rest.

Looking forward to next week already...though I've plenty to keep me busy until then.

4x03: Ink **Possible Spoilers**

New episode tonight.  Here's the thread to discuss it.

Reply 4#4 shinny's post

I noticed that about his accent, and you're right - it does sound like an ex-pat accent when he's not pushing.

Tina, you're a hoot.  It depends on which part of Ireland someone is from as to how the "th" sounds - but some DO sound like a "t".   In some parts of England, that combo sounds like an "f".  The English language is fascinating.

As for Gretchen, I don't trust her.  She's too...something.  I can't put my finger on it, but there's something just not right there.

I'll try to get the quiz out tonight.  I haven't been feeling well - not sleeping, and VERY achy, along with a dash of migraine.  Makes it a challenge to think.

Just putting this out there - if one of you would like to do a quiz for an episode, please let me know.  If you do - try and make the quiz as challenging as I strive to.  Send me a PM if you're interested (even if it's not for a while, and you'd like to see the episode & choose a specific one).

Reply 8#8 shinny's post

No prob.  Being an outsider, my ear is probably a bit more attuned to the differences.  Also, seeing as most of my family in Ireland (whom haven't seen any years) are from Northern Ireland, I recognize how different that accent is from other parts of Ireland.  Really, each county has a bit of a different accent - but Dublin is an entity all it's own.   It's the same with Scotland and England - the accent in Glasgow (especially the rougher parts) can be nearly unintelligible by some, as can a very strong Cockney accent.

In Canada our accents vary provincially, but the most recognizable different accent is from Newfoundland.  Where I live (which is on the border with the US), our accent isn't as strong as in Toronto.  It's amazing what a few hundred kilometers will do.  The thing I find fascinating is that our accent here is not American, but it isn't as strong as those away from the border either.  It's unique...and apparently, my accent is extremely unique (according to friends) because it changes depending on who I'm with, what I'm watching or my level of fatigue.   

Reply 11#11 gabsimom's post

It happened last week when my friends came to paint.  They told me they saw a program about "foreign accent syndrome".  I thought they were kidding, but it's a real thing.  I don't have it (I HAD to look that up), as it seems to be caused by severe trauma (either by injury or illness) to the brain.

OK people - just giving the heads up (and an apology) that I have been too sick (very bad head cold with fever) to do a quiz for Ink.  If you like a can try & do a double quiz this coming week for both Ink & the new episode.  Sorry, but some things can't be helped.

4x04: Acceptance **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Well, another week is upon us, as is a new episode of Heroes.  Please leave your comments for this week's episode below.

4x05: Hysterical Blindness **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Here is the discussion thread for the this week's episode.  There will definitely be a quiz on this episode, which will be up within the next day or so.  Enjoy the show!

4x06: Tabula Rasa Discussion **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Here's the thread for this week's episode.  Discuss.

I wouldn't say I've lost interest this season, but it's nice to finally see where it's heading.  I'm curious as to how the carnival will draw the others to them.

On a side note, I'm a little curious if Lydia's name was given to her by the carnival or if it's her own name, seeing as the song is called "Lydia the Tattooed Lady".

4x07: Strange Attractors **Possible Spoilers**

New episode this week.  Here's the place to talk about it.  Enjoy!

4x08: Once Upon a Time in Texas **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Here's the thread for this week's episode.  Discuss.

4x09: Shadowboxing **Possible Spoilers**

New episode this week.  Discuss.

I finally had a chance to catch up on the episodes - watched 3 yesterday.  I agree, the stand off between Sylar & Parkman was great.  I'm interested to see what happens now that Sylar/Nathan has taken off from the carnival and gone to Peter.  

4x10: Brother's Keeper **Possible Spoilers**

Here's the thread for this week's episode.  I'm wiped out but am hoping to watch it tomorrow.  Enjoy then discuss.

4x11: Thanksgiving **Possible Spoilers**

New episode tonight.  Please discuss it here.

32 12
Thread