26 12
Thread
Printable Version

About Complaint Thread Getting Shut Down!

About Complaint Thread Getting Shut Down!

"What Great Solutions You Mods Have"<-Sarcasm. No Wonder You Have Very Bad Rating On Internet Security And Other Website Advisors and I went and gave you good rating before this happened :/ you closed a thread that made sense and that was fair. Other users are sending me PM's About this you should not have closed it that is the worst thing you could have done people have the right to speak up! you can't expect to have just positive feedback and I don't see the positive threads getting shut down! all we wanted was for you to tell us that you will start updating in time not just a bunch of excuses. You Should respect your customers and they will pay you. Original Thread Was http://www.friendvista.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11381&pid=136692&page=1&extra=page%3D1#pid136692

I shut the thread as there were a lot of posts with no specifics of what the issues are. When I asked for more facts, I got one. If you have specifics (e.g. a show that was supposed to updated on a certain date/time and wasn't with the day it was aired on TV, etc) then please post it here. If this thread goes off specifics then I will close it again. Please stick to specific facts so we can report this back to the admin team. General comments like "updates are late" are not helpful because they are not tangible facts that can be investigated. Thank you.

I have to say, I agree with Daniel, you shouldn't shut down threads just because someone is complaining about vip-tv's service, they are paying customers after all. There's no need to muzzle criticism, this will only create more dissatisfaction. Having said that, I haven't noticed any change in how long it takes until episodes are uploaded. I've been a member for over two years and of course mistakes happen now and then (e.g. wrong episodes, late updates) but if anything, they seem less frequent to me now. btw how come bala is banned?

Reply 3#3 Mnemosyne's post

Hi Mnemosyne, thanks for the comments. Just to say, that's not the reason it was closed. It was getting into non constructive thread and needed to be contained. I had asked for fact based issues, but these were not provided. We always encourage feedback, but it has to be constructive both positive and negative. Appreciate your feedback on the updates etc. For everyone, if anyone has tangible examples I'd welcome them here or you can PM them to me. Thanks Shinny

Ok so here it is I will even tell you where I check air dates just so you know that it's a very realiable source http://epguides.com/ .I watch the following shows at the moment Heroes,Scrubs,Fringe,Dollhouse,The Mentalist,The Cleveland Show and many others that are not currently airing all of those episodes are not getting updated early like they used to be. It is taking too long for shows to get updated not just those because usually all the shows get updated at the same time so that is why I did not see the need for me to give you names and numbers because there was no need all of the shows are taking to long to get updated thats it, all I wanted was for the guys that update shows to stop getting lazy and start updating like the good old days at VIPTV. Ooo and by the way why did Bala get banned if you don't mind me asking??? it seems strange that after I tell you im getting PM's from other customers they start getting banned :/ [ Last edited by daniel2214 at 1-16-2010 16:25 ]

Re: Bala

Bala knows the reason for his ban, and it will be a temporary one if he complies with forum rules. It's no one elses business, but it was not done hastily, as there have been numerous past issues which have not been made widely known to the members not involved. As I said, it is a private issue, and not taken on by just one moderator.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Ok I understand waterlilybarb. So was the info I gave good for you to pass it on to who every you need in order to make this all better for all of us including you guys?

Reply 7#7 daniel2214's post

I apologize for this question, but I have been away dealing with personal issues. Could you please tell me how long you had to wait before these shows were updated?

Don't Worry About It. Before The Show Used To Get Updated At About 1PM GMT+1 Time The Next Day They Air Even Earlier At Times, And Now They Get Updated At About 5PM 6PM GMT+1. And hay look it's 2am here and mods keep changing and going offline we will not be able to finish this if this keeps happening I only explain myself on time. if you want you listen if you don't to bad for you and for me as I am starting to lose patience with this so I will go to sleep now and talk to you tomorrow. [ Last edited by daniel2214 at 1-16-2010 17:10 ]

Reply 9#9 daniel2214's post

I'm sorry if you feel that our service is less that high quality. We have always told our members that we try to get our shows updated within 24hrs from the time they air on tv, from what you have said they have been. We don't have a set time for shows to air like on tv. It does all depend on how many shows we have to update on a specific day, and how long it takes us to find and upload quality shows.

I am also sorry things seem to take longer, I noticed it during the holidays and just chalked it up to the regular guy being on vacation or too much work being put on one person. I never asked. But things seem to be back to normal now. Also we have plenty of threads to report problems that are actually highlighted and used often and have we an update thread that lets you know when we expect things to be updated and what got missed. We have live CS to report problems as well. I also need to point out Mods cannot see who you have pm'ed or who has pm'ed you.

This post is a response first to tycoonworld and then to shinny. Since I have a life, I am not always sitting in front of my computer and thus was not able to reply within a couple of hours of your posts. In fact, I am just now reading all of the new correspondence on this issue and am replying immediately. First, to tycoonworld - what fuss did I make exactly? What noise specifically? If you go back and read my 2 posts, they were written rationally and even with polite requests. It seems ironic actually...my posts read more calm and polite than yours. hmmmm And in response to people replying to my questions... How exactly do you know what PM's I have sent or received? In fact, I sent a PM two times to 01torres, on Dec. 23rd and then again on Jan. 3rd with the same question and never received a reply. To be fair, shinny did always reply to me and in good time and I always thanked shinny for that. And tycoonworld, I think we all knew about programs not airing over the holiday season...I don't see any threads or posts during that period where anyone said anything over that 2 to 3 week time. Now, on to shinny's email of wanting specifics...(by the way, shinny, do you think you gave me enough time to reply before closing down the other thread?) Specific 1: I am still waiting for the Survivor episode 19x15 to get the last segment of that episode which reveals the winner. I am not talking about the reunion episode (19x16), I understand that that episode was/is not available. Somehow whoever updated 19x15 did not get the entire episode and I have noticed that another VIP member pointed this out also back in Dec. Specific 2: Regarding episodes skipping/repeating/getting stuck - (by the way, these issues have nothing to do with my computer as I double checked on various computers to make sure it wasn't mine). The most recent example is Mercy 1x12 where 10 minutes of the episode just repeats itself (about 28 minutes into the episode)...so I wonder if I saw the entire episode or what I missed? I remember in the past this happening with "So You Think You Can Dance" episodes as well. Specific 3: Double downloads or miss marking episode names/numbers. Again, the most recent episode is Mercy 1x10 and Mercy 1x11, which are the same episode... There have been instances with this in the past, but I just didn't bother to bring it up or saw where someone else did. Nonetheless, sometimes these issues got resolved and sometimes they didn't. Again, I give props to shinny and acknowledge that he does listen and reply...although I don't believe I was given due time to reply before being cut off in the other thread. And as for tycoonworld...well, props for running to the rescue of, well, yourself, I guess. Cheers to all

I would just like to remind everybody that all of the moderators on this site are volunteers. We do this at our own time and expense. Most of the Moderators are based in North America or Europe which means you will see a change in the moderators who are online. However, 99% of the time one or more moderators will be online. Secondly, moderators have zero control over the uploads, error fixes etc. We moderate the forum, that is all. When issues are raised we try to direct members to the correct threads or if something is exceptional we will go directly to lbjedward on your behalf and try to have it resolved. However, as I stated above, we also have to wait for the admin team to be able to do this. Reply 12#12 pjrplay1's post I didn't want to go into specifics of why I closed the thread, but I believe I have to now. A member was blocking their IP address and posting anonymously. We believe that due to their anonyminity they were trying to incite other members. I was trying to get it back on track and talk about specifics. I apologise if this meant you did not get the opportunity to post above. So let me try to address that now. Survivor episode 19x15 Yes, I remember this. You had opened this thread and I replied. I also contacted lbjedward that same day and explained the issue. I'm not sure why lbjedward has not come back on this, so I will leave that for him to answer. Mercy 1x12 It's one of my favourite shows but I only got to watch it this morning. It repeated at about 29 minutes in and came back about 34 minutes to where it should have been so an overlap of 5 minutes. I'll update the error thread with this. Thanks. Mercy 1x10 and 1x11 I noticed this too and I actually thought there was a double episode. It had been reported but I see it hasn't been resolved. Again, this is something lbjedward needs to answer. Although this is annoying (and I agree with that) but it didn't actually prevent us from seeing the episode that actually aired. Thanks for these Pjrplay1 as when we talk in specifics like this it means we can actually get to the root of the issue with the examples given. Not serious, but I'm actually a She [ Last edited by shinny at 1-17-2010 12:33 ]

No reason to get personal, dear! I was only expressing how surprised I was that someone could get so excited and upset about shows being updated later than usual, especially as I couldn’t find it anywhere written down WHEN and WHAT has to be uploaded onto the site… And no, I can’t see what PMs you sent, I simply looked in your profile and found the threads you posted your questions in and that you got replies!! Anyway, as this discussion doesn’t lead anywhere, I will stop it now, just stating that I couldn’t care less if the shows are updated hours or even a day later than we are used to – as long as they are and in such good quality and as long as any errors that might occur are being fixed so quickly as they are! Cheers tycoonworld ( by the way, also female )
Brenda: ...I like to have answers before I ask questions.

Reply 12#12 pjrplay1's post

If you are having load errors and skipping and such with the real player pop up window, please click the realplayer icon on the bottom right of pop up window then select realplayer mode or theater mode for a smoother loading and viewing experience. I do this everytime and even pause it to give it more time to load as I get my refreshments. I have little to no trouble this way. I have noticed and don't know why but it seems as though most of the reality shows seem to take longer to load and often take forever for us to get them. Especially that last episode we are all dieing to see. Something I will ask Lbjedward about too. To everyone: Also if an episode is loaded within 24 hours of when it airs please don't complain about it not being loaded if it takes longer let us know.

we cannot expect an error free viewing on the net as the volume of users are keep on growing and growing everyday... and i guess we cannot just update the system instantly to cope up with the demand of the growing viewers.... it needs time. (and of course money)... about the show updates... we appreciate it much if we can have an update within 24 hours of the shows aired... for the technical errors ( e.g. double downloads, wrong episode name/number, etc) we will be glad if the technical team give immediate action on it upon reporting by members... cheers people! @ gabsimom - congratulation! is your baby a he or she?

Reply 16#16 rickman's post

He is a boy born January 6th!!! Thanks Rickman and I agree wish we had no technical issues and would be nice if tech would catch them before we do, but I think some of it is that the site is hosted out of China and english not being their 1st language I think they do pretty well and are always improving!!

Power grid around our uploading team studio is under maintenance, so there is no power supply for 12 hours a day. Power grid maintenance will take several days. I am sorry for this issue and I can ensure that we will do our best to upload all updates as soon as possible in only 12hours a day.
We keep improving services for you.

reply 18#18 lbjedward's post

thanks for updating and taking care of the issues... cheers!!!

Thank You So Much For The Reply I Wanted To Hear And Im Sorry Your Having Problems. Cant Really Expect Much From Your Mods Since They Don't Get Paid, Some Of Them Really Get On Your Nerves Maybe They Have Bad English Or They Just Like To Be That Way But Thank You

26 12
Thread