Thread
Printable Version

Christmas Points and Anniversary

Happy Anniversary!! This has been a great Site. I love being able to watch shows that I can not get In Canada and when I can I participate in the Quizzes. I know that other have criticized this site but you all put alot of work into it and this is very much appreciated. I also have to agree with codebreaker and bala that some where we need a place to be able to look when a bad ep has been fixed. It can get a little frustrating when you see an error and have to click again later to only get the same problem. I also want to suggest that we be able to sort or search our view history by show so that we can see what the last thing is we watched of something. This would come in handy when a show takes a break and then comes back. I know quizzes are alot of fun and take alot of time to do so I will not suggest more of them as the mods do an awesome job at keeping this place clean. The games side of this is alot of fun. I did play on it alot but have to admit that i do not play much on it any more. The only reason is that I do not have the time to play and watch things and get things done at home. The games are alot of fun but as bala has suggested they are getting to be a little boring also. In closing I want to thank everyone again for all your hard work and to say that the show side of things is great and could only use a little modification to make it even better. Happy Birthday and more more to come
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +10 1-4-2010 06:51
  • shinny Points +10 Thanks for your contribution 1-4-2010 06:51

I have found that the live CSS support does not seem to work, there have been several occasions where I have tried to gain assistance through it and no one has been on the receiving end, even though it claims to be live. I think maybe shows which are only 20 mins in length (such as sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory) could maybe be only 1 point (at the very least the older seasons maybe) as it seems unfair to be able to watch something twice in length for the same points. I also think maybe once a month we could have a season of one or two of the older shows available for free that would be quite good, so it isn't just new shows that are free. Other than that, no complaints from me, other than the point situation (being charged more than once for clicking on a show)
Recent Ratings
  • spratt89 Points +10 1-4-2010 09:38
  • spratt89 Points +10 Thanks for your contribution 1-4-2010 09:38

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Wow. Super. I´m glad I was able to submit this in time. A chance for extra points just for writing about how much I love this site? I can´t miss out on this. First, I would like to say - !!Happy 3rd Anniversary FriendVista!! - You don´t look a day over 2 years old. Also I would like to say that I wish everyone the best in 2010. Happy New Year All Year! I believe I have always been vocal on how great this site is and will try not to make this too long. The quality of this site can´t and should not be missed. I found this site around two and a half years ago and my life has not been the same since. I am an american living in Europe and therefore I have really no chance to see many of my favorite shows old and new except for online. I also would not be able to discover and enjoy so many new shows that have started since I left the U.S(although I do get to visit). This site grants me a piece of home that I can count on. Plus, the site is constantly growing and improving in so many ways that I am constantly impressed. I know we are encouraged to be suggestive on this and all so if I must suggest something, I guess it would be that we become able to convert our points to VIP cards direct from the forum(perhaps in the point conversion section) so that we can maybe give them to new members we refer to the site so they can enjoy the site fully from the beginning or even just as gifts from member to member. That would be pretty cool. Sorry, but I honestly have no criticisms. I really tried to think of some. There are many luxuries offered here that I believe some members may take for granted. Like say the addition of new shows on a constant basis. We´re even notified on upcoming shows to be added and even when we can generally expect them to be added. That is very rare. Also, the forum is extremely vast. There are even sections of the forum that I have yet to experience like the "games bar". I do participate in the quizzes but that is just a very small part of that games section of the forum. My personal obsession however is tv shows - and here they are endless. Sure, there are a lot of sites on the web that offer shows, but none and I mean NONE of them have the level of excellence and diligence displayed by this site. From the pursuit and dedication of having every episode of every season of every show offered - and in great quality, to this amazing forum full of fun, interesting and thoughtful members, information, easy access, and an administration that prides themselves on listening to and taking care of their members as well as demanding something from its members that other forums fall far short of demanding....courtesy and respect from everyone and to everyone. No matter what differences we may or may not have, I have always felt that we here are all one big family and that can only be credited to the administrators and moderators setting the example and us gracious members taking the cue. I honestly have never seen a forum where so many members, mods and admins go out of their way to be so helpful to one another. I have said it before and I will say it here once again. This site is the perfect example of how any site, or business for that matter, should be operated and maintained. Thank you to everyone from the admins, mods, and anyone else responsible for this site and also to all of our great, helpful, courteous members who make this site and forum what it is today and will continue to be for many anniversaries to come - the greatest video site and forum on the net - hands down. Sincerely, with great pride and gratitude, Lp
Recent Ratings

reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

i just want to say thank you lbj and your team for creating this site. there are now more than 200 thousand members enjoying your creation. i just hope you continue improving the site to cater the needs of your customers/members as they grow. keep it up and wishing you more anniversaries to come! happy 3rd anniversary friendvista!!! rickman
Recent Ratings
  • Milks26 Points +10 Thank u for ur contribution 1-5-2010 08:20
  • Milks26 Points +10 Thank u for ur contribution 1-5-2010 08:20

Thanks for all of the wonderful contributions. We are closing the thread now (as per lbjedward's first post) and will begin the process of judging the 6 winners. Winners should be posted soon

[ Last edited by magic4u at 1-6-2010 20:20 ]

Hi all, the moderators are working hard to decide who the top 6 should be, but in order to keep it fair we want to leave it open for one more day to allow some other moderators, who've not yet had a chance, to also have a vote. Thanks for your patience [ Last edited by shinny at 1-7-2010 23:44 ]

Winners Announced

Firstly, thanks so much to everyone who participated. There were so many good comments, suggestions and nice stories. We've taken note of some of your suggestions, so many thanks for those. Believe me, you made our job very very hard but we finally managed to agree on the 6 winners ..................................................drum roll please...................................................... First Place: LaveticusPrime. Well done, you win 200 forum points. The remaining 5 places went to; bala, penny3760, qpondeals, raucousbeccy and tycoonworld. You all win 100 forum points. Forum points will be awarded by lbjedward.

Well done LaveticusPrime. you really deserve it your comment was brillant

Congratulations LaveticusPrime and to the runner-ups

Congratulations LaveticusPrime and thanks very much for the award to the team !
Brenda: ...I like to have answers before I ask questions.

cheers to the winners!!! thanks lbj for the points....

Reply 27#27 shinny's post

Thank You Lbjedward, and all other mods and supermods. This was the easiest contest ever. We all love this site and it is not hard to find good things to say about it and everyone involved with keeping it running and taking care of us members. Extra thanks again to you Shinny for managing this post so well and staying on top of it. Congratulations to all of the other winners! Also congrats to all who submitted posts. We all were winners the second we posted which was really cool(easiest 20 points I ever received ). Also we are all winners for one big reason.......We Found This Site! Thanks again and happy viewing to everyone.

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Thanks Bala. It is always special to receive Kudos from you. You are and have always been a vital part of this site since I can remember.

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Thanks codebreaker. It is much appreciated. It is always nice to receive congrats from a legend.

Reply 30#30 tycoonworld's post

Thanks tycoon. Congrats to you as well. Lets watch some shows! We have the points for it.

Quote:
Originally posted by LaveticusPrime at 1-10-2010 14:51 Thanks Bala. It is always special to receive Kudos from you. You are and have always been a vital part of this site since I can remember.
I don't consider myself vital to this site because the site can go on without me. i just enjoy posting comments on here it's only place i have the freedom to express my opinion because i know i have an audience for my comments. When i came on here most people were posting on the viptv board and not many members took advantage tv forum so i started posting on them and you could say i never stop. You won because your comment was well written like you said it's easy to write good things about the site but not all of us are good at writing . I'm happy you won it's not bad to get 2nd place.

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Yeah, that may be right. The site could go on without any 1 of us, but since I registered in this forum, you have always been involved with various things from setting up quizzes to replying to what it seems to be every problem you have run across and made sure that any member with any issue received at least a prompt response. To a new member, that is, I believe, extremely important and appreciated. You along with a few others have helped this site maintain its customer service reputation with that kind of dedication. So I consider that pretty darn vital. ps. You are right. Second place is not bad at all. Especially when you are chillin´ with over ten THOUSAND points in your wallet. wow. [ Last edited by LaveticusPrime at 1-10-2010 18:28 ]

Thank you all for participation. And Special thanks to mods and super mods. Forum points have been added to winners' account. I feel the blush rising to my cheeks when I read your words. We still have so many problems need to be cared, but you rarely comment us for our faults. We will continue to improve our sites with your suggestions.
We keep improving services for you.

Congrats to all the winners and to the mods and admins for all the hard work they do. I have to agree with Bala on the fact that like him I am terrible at explaining myself or someone always says it better than I can. Congrats again and lets all have a great year.

Laveticusprime

Congratulations.

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Thread