Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

2x04 Pathogen

Glad to see Eli was able to tell his mother the truth.  Also was good that the Alliance were let out.  Better to befriend an enemy than to antagonize one.  Still wish Rush would come fully clean, maybe with Chloe it will come out.

Reply 25#25 sanggye's post

It was good episode Rush using Chloe work out his problem is good now that he told her that he's not cured but what was point all that just to blackmail her ?

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 10-20-2010 04:37  
Glad to see Eli was able to tell his mother the truth.  Also was good that the Alliance were let out.  
I agree.    Glad Eli was able to get this off his chest.

I'm trying so hard to get invested in this show entirely (LOVE SG1 and Atlantis) but this show is just so sllllloooow.  It's hard to be invested when the pace is a snail.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 27#27 arksongbird80's post

I kinda agree about it being a bit slow.  It's Scyfy's new thing making SF soaps, with this, Caprica, and V, not as much action and adrenaline.  I still like this show just not as much as the others.

Reply 28#28 sanggye's post

totally agree with you guys. loved sg1 and atlantis but this one just not gripping me as hard. it just not got enough action and humour compared with the others.
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 29#29 angel-87's post

remember it's trying to be different it focus drama of secrets rather than anything else-unlike those two this is trying to be serious.

Reply 30#30 bala's post

Yea somewhat bala, but with the new SYFY, they are trying to attract a different audience than regular SF viewers, reason they started having wrestling shows and other non SF shows.  I like SGU alright, but I don't think they are going to last even 5 seasons (SG:Atlantis, made 5, SG1 made 10)

Reply 31#31 sanggye's post

Well i think there more to the show that meet the eye but it hasn't found it appeal yet but Rush secret is what keep me interested because they will find out stuck on a ship together people getting suspicious .

Reply 31#31 sanggye's post

I think if the show does not become action packed soon then it will get canned as the last episode got less than 1 million viewers

Reply 33#33 spratt89's post

The problem is that it's difficult to make it action-packed i think copy battlestar format.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

the way this show is being done is similar to Star Trek Voyager and that was almost always action packed with a new enemy every week or some other civilization needing help.

Reply 35#35 spratt89's post

The problem is that we haven't come across any enemy apart blue aliens who abducted Rush and Chole.

With Atlantis Wraith was enemy they could also use common bad guy.

Universe has  yet to develop any thing as good.

Whether this show become successful depend rest of the season.  

The biggest problem with Universe is that none of character are likeable apart from Eli ?. With SG-1 O'neal one liner were what made the show great, with Atlantis it was Shepard one liner that were amusing. With universe all the character seem very wooden.

Can you see even with action the problem character are not funny. could you imagine Rush saying : oh well you got me know, what in heaven will i do ? .

Reply 36#36 bala's post

I was reading some other SF forums, and SGU is generally disliked as a lot of people feel is is just a poor copy of Battlestar galactica, and in a way it is, except, like bala said, the character development in SGU has been fairly poor, I do hope it picks up a bit this season

2x04 Pathogen

That was nice that Eli and Camille were able to travel to Earth to deal with personal issues but when Eli's mother didn't believe him was sad until the brought her aboard which was great

Cloverdale

Well this was filler episode but Chole exposed herself to save him and it worked but it was nice wedding shame it was all in his head

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-25-2010 06:33  

With Atlantis Wraith was enemy they could also use common bad guy.

Universe has  yet to develop anything good  ...
I agree.  I watch because I'm such a fan on SG1 and Atlantis, but I'm going to have to give it up at the end of the season if they don't pick up the pace a bit.  They had a GREAT opportunity on the last episode with the plant things, but instead they created this whole other scenario.  Nice but shouldn't have been the focus.  3 different story lines could have worked.  

1)  Rush going through data base figuring out what the ancients had on the plant thing.
2)  protecting the gate with the fire
3)  Imaginary scenario...wake up remember it all, give the two characters some direction.  Ie) Scott see's chloe in a new way....

What says you guys??

Reply 40#40 arksongbird80's post

1 wouldn't work because they were on planet and he would have no way explain how he found the cure if he did.

2- Well didn't this happen in the episode they did that ?

3- I think effect will felt throughout the season so i think it did give some direction but she took a risk by getting bitten.

Reply 41#41 bala's post

I am curious if he will remember anything from his dream.  It was a decent episode, I just don't think that Scott and Chloe have any chemistry between them (well guess they do now )  Now with the quarantine, maybe they will figure out what is going on with Chloe

Reply 39#39 bala's post

2x05 Cloverdale
The wedding may have been a dream but perhaps spending time in quarantine something may develop

2X06

I really enjoyed the Dream Sequence in this episode and LOVED that it was Destiny "talking" to Col young.  That is fabulous.  My biggest disappointment is that Rush put them back into FTL and the ship didn't go on it own.  THAT would have been wayyyy cooler.  Hoping Rush has to share the info soon.  Starting to get stale...

Glad to see Eli getting his Groove on so to speak.  Maybe they'll be a couple soon.  
Chloe:  BLAH  
Chloe/Scott:  Blah

Thread