Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 124#124 bala's post

Well though the planet has no life, they might be able to find supplies needed there.  After all it is an advanced civilization
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 125#125 sanggye's post

I really enjoyed this episode.  I'm with you Gabsimom's the episodes are just getting really good and they CANCELLED it!!    :@  SOOO mad.  Grrr

The decendants were a great touch and hopefully the planet will have some useable areas.  The people could have gone to ground.  Maybe??  WHOOOO did Eli hook up with??
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 126#126 arksongbird80's post

Quote:
WHOOOO did Eli hook up with??
Well he had children, so I guess.  I figure everyone had to.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 127#127 sanggye's post

Yes yes, but Whooooooo?!?!?!  Hmmmm

Reply 128#128 arksongbird80's post

Does it really matter ?

Reply 129#129 bala's post

Well as there are about 60-90- people on board Destiny, and we only really know what 15 or so. So it could be almost anyone, doesn't have to be on of the "main cast"  Let alone, just because it happened on the planet 2000 years ago, does not mean that it will happen on ship with this Eli. Heck, they only pull out any of the Lucian Alliance people when they feel like it, otherwise we never see them.

2x17 Common Descent

Meeting the ancestors of the Destiny crew from the alternate timeline was interesting

Reply 131#131 codebreaker's post

I was a little disappointed there weren't as advanced as we might of thought.

Reply 132#132 bala's post

They were real pretty advanced in the cities, you have to remmeber that what we saw were the scouting party which had no contact for over 30 years, and they still had working radios and somewhat flash drives

Radio

Interesting second part to the episode finding out all that situation i suppose give alternative view point on their lives..

Reply 134#134 bala's post

It was an okay episode.  I liked seeing who ended up together.  Eli's person was kinda a wash.  We didn't know that character and it was rushed I felt.

The whole planet being torn apart was good drama, but losing the info was frustrating.  It was okay.

Epilogue

I liked the episode.  And relating to Eli's character, I thought it was fitting, what there is only what 5 main female character, and one is a lesbian, and the others are all spoke for, so who else would be with Eli, but one of the 80 or so we don't know.  And Eli basically being the visionary and educator more than made up for that.

And also just because they end up with those people in the alternate others, wouldn't mean they would be together in the Destiny.  I am still holding out for computer girl, but only 2 more episodes before the end.  And the name of this episode is Epilogue not Radio

Reply 136#136 sanggye's post

Well said.  

Reply 136#136 sanggye's post

I enjoyed the video diaries

Blockade

Such a same to only have one more episode left.  I'm really enjoying  it now that they are encountering things.  Another good episode.  Gateting to a planet so similar to ours, and everyone went "shopping" was a chuckle.    MAYBE!!!  they will listen to the fans and realize they have so much they can do with the series now that they've found humans (their decendants) out there.  Just think of all the different story lines.

Reply 139#139 arksongbird80's post

I think this was great episode but such a shame she lost her eye sight

Reply 140#140 bala's post

The show finally picked up and the writing seems much better.  But too late.  So far no other network has been willing to pick it up.  If nothing is done within a year, then it is dead.  And Joseph Mallozzi says it is the end, no movie, no renewal, he is one of the producers of the show and has a blog   http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/04/17/april-17-2011-until-we-meet-again/

[ Last edited by sanggye at 5-3-2011 21:08 ]

Reply 141#141 sanggye's post

Well i just think it's too late they should done this much earlier on

2x19 Blockade

Rush praising Eli was amusing but he did a good job with his calculations and the flash blindness was sad

Gauntlet

So we've offically come to the end of the series.   Saying good bye to friends and family on earth, to saying goodbye to the drones, I was glad there was some closure.   What I really appreciated was the way they left it open for a future story plot.  Freezing everyone was a smart move.  ( did something similar in SG-1 I think)  and Eli is definately smarter than Rush.  He will figure it out and then low ho--the next galaxy awaits!!  

I would have liked to see Eli go into the pod as well, but I guess him standing on the observation deck overlooking everything was appropriate.  GLAD it wasn't Rush!!

Stupid SYFY!!

Thread